Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 02 January, 2016, 02:33:53 AM
Quote from: BPP on 02 January, 2016, 12:03:24 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 31 December, 2015, 09:17:10 AM
How many version?

One version.

Alternative version  'will be available at a later date' (Think they are going to do a Fear-Fire-Mortis three pack, its certainly been mooted).

Regular Death and Mortis are blue suited, Fear and Fire are black suited. Which is odd.

btw - 'Dredd and the Lawmaster will be coming down (ie off sale) on Jan. 11th'. (Although they have indicated a Blue Dredd and lawmaster will be on sale in the spring).
2 questions, 1. How do you know Fire will have a black suit?
2. Will the Blue Dredd be a bamba exclusive or will it be available to other retailers? Personally I'm hoping it will be available outside of bamba so I can have time to save up.

1) The 3A lead designer said so.
2) I have no idea. So far only their 'classic comic book colour' (greyscale) have been Bamba-only but then there hasn't been a third colourway up until this point (well actually there has as Gronk n Fish have 3 versions but one was SDCC so not even Bamba got sniff).

At a guess I'd say it will be available outside Bamba as they have learnt that to make the 2000ad line profitable they need to reduce the 'limited' gimmicks and max out the availability. When 3a 2000ad started there were limited 3AA only versions. Then that was scaled back to limited 24-hour Bamba only versions. Now it appears to be all versions available for 4-6 weeks on Bamba. But again it's 3A so who knows.

Dash - Sam should be en route anytime now. In mid Dec they were hoping to get him shipped by end Dec. but had to push him back to early Jan. Of course it'll be another 3-4 weeks shipping wise as their current shippers are SO SLOW.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dreddzilla

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dandontdare

Hmm .. If I don't order Fear and hold out for the 3-pack - will that be available before Fear 'drops off' the list I wonder? Presumably the 3-pack will work out cheaper than three individual purchases?

Mardroid

Yes. I find myself also thinking "do I wait and pay less... but still end up paying a lot in one chunk, (compared to spreading cost by buying individually, I mean albeit at a higher price) or pay more individually, but with less outgoing all at once?"

Assuming I go for these at all. I do rather like that Fear.

I chose not to order Death at the time, although I regret that a bit now. I know  can still pick it up elsewhere, if I fork out a bit more.... but we'll see.

I REALLY want a 1/12 Ro-Jaws to scale with my Mongrol, but I doubt that will be developed any time soon.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mardroid on 02 January, 2016, 11:51:05 AM
I REALLY want a 1/12 Ro-Jaws to scale with my Mongrol, but I doubt that will be developed any time soon.

You and me both, brother!

I think everyone who's got a Mongrol wants a matching Ro-Jaws at some point.
@jamesfeistdraws

COMMANDO FORCES

Dark Jimbo

No smaller than the Gronk (and bigger than Fish)!
@jamesfeistdraws

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 January, 2016, 11:27:52 AM
Hmm .. If I don't order Fear and hold out for the 3-pack - will that be available before Fear 'drops off' the list I wonder? Presumably the 3-pack will work out cheaper than three individual purchases?
Will the 3-pack be Black and White variants or standerd releases only in a set?

BPP

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 03 January, 2016, 06:25:14 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 January, 2016, 11:27:52 AM
Will the 3-pack be Black and White variants or standerd releases only in a set?

It was mentioned as an alternative (B&W) some time ago (2-3 months back). Now Fear will come out only in the standard colour version now and promise of a B&W variant 'sometime later'. Note that that isn't a promise it will be in a 3 pack or even that a 3 pack is coming. Just that they were considering a Fear-Fire-Mortis 3 pack at some point recently. Whether the 3 pack comes or what colour it comes in is anyones guess.

No way would a 3 pack happen before Fear 'regular' stops being offered from sale on Bamba (which will be sometime mid-end Feb given their recent statement about licensed properties). As far as I can tell they are still scratching their heads about how to do Fire. As with Hammerstein (which they just aren't happy with) it could be pushed back endlessly. Which is fair enough given the quality of the final product.

If you're tempted by Fear then get him this month (or before mid Fed) on Bamba - it will be the cheapest price shipped, its a good exchange rate atm and importantly is gives support to the line which will keep developement of further figures happening.

Mardroid

If you're tempted by Fear then get him this month (or before mid Fed) on Bamba - it will be the cheapest price shipped, its a good exchange rate atm and importantly is gives support to the line which will keep developement of further figures happening.

They don't seem to devalue, either, as long as they're looked after. I'd think that if a pack arrives in future with discounts in that form, you would still be able to sell duplicate figure(s) later and maybe even make a profit.

But don't blame me if that turns out to not be the case... :-[  :lol:

Dandontdare

Thanks BPP - I reckon I'll get Fear straight away rather than waiting for a possible, slightly cheaper 3-pack in the future that may not happen.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: BPP on 03 January, 2016, 08:28:20 PM

As far as I can tell they are still scratching their heads about how to do Fire.

So, they haven't started the sculpting process yet? I wonder If they would like to hear some Ideas?  :wave:

BPP

to whet your appetite...

JANUARY 13TH at BAMBALAND.com

Gaze into the face of Fear! The grotesque and imposing Dark Judge hellbent on terrifying all life to death! ThreeA's 1/12th Scale Collectible Series Edition brings the haunting visage of Fear to life with an incredibly detailed and fully articulated sculpt, gorgeous paint applications, and intricately tailored fabric outfit including real metal chains.

JUDGE FEAR
2000 AD
1/12th Scale Collectible Series

Created by John Wagner and Brian Bolland

●  Design inspired by Brian Bolland
    ●  Figure Stands 6.6 Inches (16.76cm) Tall
    ●  Fully Articulated
    ●  Uniquely Designed 1/12th Scale Dark Judge Body
    ●  Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Faux-Leather Tailored Outfit
    ●  Accessories Include:
        ○  Interchangeable Face of Fear
        ○  Destructive Bear Trap with Real Metal Chain
    ●  Additional Interchangeable Sculpted Hands x 5 

USD $65
Price Includes Worldwide Shipping
*Design and color may change on final product   

COMMANDO FORCES

It's confirmed, no variants at this moment in time. That's better on the wallet ;)