Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

'Interchangeable face of fear."

I wonder what the other one is? Or do they just mean swapable heads, one with visor closed? I would think an openable visor would be doable though.

BPP

More confused by the 5 hands.. I guess the 'odd' one is to hold the massive trap but I've still not found reason for Death's second set of hands.. its not like they are that different.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dreddzilla

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 January, 2016, 10:48:27 PM
It's confirmed, no variants at this moment in time. That's better on the wallet ;)
Thank Grudd!  :lol:

BPP

Given our previous correspondence..

Re: Judge Fear

Post by Heirforce Yesterday at 8:57 pm
I'm curious of the mention of a future Judges set. Since Judge Death was already available in a comic book edition would he be excluded from such a set?

Re: Judge Fear

New post by gregory Yesterday at 11:02 pm
The Dark Judges set (if it happens) would be done as a reference to a specific splash page Bolland did of Fear, Fire, and Mortis

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dash Decent

Quote from: Mardroid on 05 January, 2016, 11:32:36 PM

I wonder what the other one is?

Punched, I hope!! (but doubt.)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Mardroid

When I wrote that I had an image of his head with a fist through it.

Imagine that. Just the arm embedded.

Of course if it were hole we could create our own scenarios with the Dredd figure.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Mardroid on 05 January, 2016, 11:32:36 PM

I wonder what the other one is? Or do they just mean swapable heads, one with visor closed? I would think an openable visor would be doable though.

There's a picture of 3A's Judge Fear figure in this week's thrillmail.  All the accessories are laid out at his feet, including the mantrap, some chain, several different hands and two little black & red rectangles.  It's impossible to see what's on them but they obviously must be the faces.  One will be the multitude of eyes we've seen already.  The visor must open so you can slip a face picture inside Fear's helmet.

[Thinks: This means we can make our own face-sized drawings and put them in place: simple smileys drawn on the tacky bit of a post-it note, print outs of Pete Well's mug etc.]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

COMMANDO FORCES

Dreddzilla

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 January, 2016, 12:30:44 AM
He's on sale now :D
Bought! Even went ahead and bought me another Comic Version Dredd. :lol:

Mardroid

Ordered too.

I'm spending too much on this stuff, but as I didn't order Death, (which isn't to say I won't if I find him elsewhere, but the higher price might put me off) Dredd will need someone to gun down, right? The old man will get lonely....(Actually, I do have a Dredd figure from another company, but his legs don't move and he tends to fall over.)

Speaking of Fear (okay, I was speaking of Death but let's go with this link since I just ordered Fear) I had a scary moment when I looked at my Order history and, there was Robobunter* and there was Judge Fear, but no Dredd and Lawmaster! Was it cancelled, I wondered.

Then it occurred that I sometimes use Nother email address. Did I set up another account under a different Email address? Turns out that yes, I did. Another login later (after resetting my password. I had to do that for both accounts - I'm a sieve brain) there it was. Whew! Actually, there was two as I botched one order, but as I only paid for one the other will presumably be cancelled.

*Speaking of which, he should be arriving soon, hopefully.

inkymonkey

I hear talk that 3A has a backlog of 2000AD-related figures - enough to release a figure every six weeks for the next 6 months... so that'd be four more coming in relatively rapid succession...

Also they have Robohunter and the Gronk/Judge Fish up for shipping late January..!

Dreddzilla

Quote from: inkymonkey on 14 January, 2016, 02:32:23 AM
I hear talk that 3A has a backlog of 2000AD-related figures - enough to release a figure every six weeks for the next 6 months... so that'd be four more coming in relatively rapid succession...

Seriously?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 14 January, 2016, 04:04:32 AM
Quote from: inkymonkey on 14 January, 2016, 02:32:23 AM

Seriously?

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, but it's not improbable. They've had more than enough development time to have that many figures ready - the last of the 1/6th figures, Ro-Jaws, went on sale early summer 2012!
@jamesfeistdraws

ming

Over the years, we've had hints and snippets of info on various figures at various stages of the design process (Mean Machine and Hammerstein spring to mind) so it's unsurprising to hear that there may be quite a few characters waiting in the wings, or at least close to the final design stage.  Given the nature of the 2000AD line I doubt we'll see more than one release every couple of months (at best) but who knows?  Dredd might have given the line the boost it's been waiting for and the return to 1/6 scale should raise the profile even further.

Has there been any word on how well the 3A Dredd has sold?

Dandontdare

Well I've gazed into the Booking Form of Fear and ordered!

Hope they don't release too many new figs, my wallet can't stand this but they are sooooo nice (far superior to the Mezco ones IMHO)