Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Dash Decent on 16 January, 2016, 11:55:44 PM
Quote from: Dreddzilla on 16 January, 2016, 05:25:52 AM
Just curious, but has 3A said why Dredd won't be carrying a boot knife?

That'll be the next variant - Dredd with boot knife!
I hope 3A dosen't pull that stunt because I'll be sooo pissed!  >:( If they do decide to make another Dredd I'd hope it would be based of the art of Carlos Ezquerra or Greg Staples look for Dredd since the one we are getting from them now looks like a mesh of Bolland and Robinson.

Dash Decent

I'd really like to see a close up of the face because, as brilliant as the rest of it is, his mouth & chin look like they're based on Popeye the sailor man.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dash Decent on 17 January, 2016, 01:43:45 AM
I'd really like to see a close up of the face because, as brilliant as the rest of it is, his mouth & chin look like they're based on Popeye the sailor man.

Maybe somebody misread  the original Wagner reaction to the Ezquerra design, and thought he said  'looks like a f***ing Spinach pirate'.

Steve Green

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tordelback on 17 January, 2016, 10:28:40 AM
Maybe somebody misread  the original Wagner reaction to the Ezquerra design, and thought he said  'looks like a f***ing Spinach pirate'.
:lol:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

BPP

With Dredd the extra hands are to fit the lawgiver and daystick, it's with Death and Fear I don't really get the extra hands.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dash Decent

I think two are normal jazz sinister hands, two are for holding the mantrap and chain, and the fifth...?  Opening his helmet?  Picking his nose?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Mardroid

I did a search for Judge Death as it seems a shame to have one dark judge and not the other.

I came across one, which isn't far off the original price... Actually I think it's less until you include the postage.

$54.99 +$19.74 air mail.  (Around £52.40)

Probably still not that bad, but over £50 for a 1/12 figure seems  a whole lot. Mind you, I think £25 for figures that size is around the limit, but those figures tend to be mass produced. And you're of course paying for worldwide delivery all in with 3A.

I'm undecided. Heh.

I also did a search for Ro-Jaws. Curiously, the only one I found was the Black Hole edition, which I think was only available to subscribees at the time. No doubt someone bought a whole bunch with the purpose of selling them on.
£75.88 +£10.18 postage.

Apparently it was $110 on Bambaland store. (Although i don't know the dollar/pounds exchange rate then, that makes it £77.12 now. Again not too far off, although that includes postage.

I'd like the green one, but it's tempting...

BPP

To defend 3A they really don't seem to make much of a turn on these and it's clear that options are down to demand. If Death had sold like hotcakes then you'd see Fear in both editions but clearly they've done maths based on sales and worked out that it's not feasible. Talking of a Comic Book version down the line is clearly a 'if you buy enough of these....'.

3A's two main target audiences, the Far East and existing 3A collectors, aren't really 2000AD fans. Sure you can see natural overlaps - ABC warriors were clearly sold first with an intention to tap in to 3A & Japanese adoration of Robots - but really of all 3A lines they don't have such a bit natural audience out there.

It's clearly because 2000AD was formative in Ashley Wood's world that he's so intent on using the company he owns to get 2000AD figures out there. Short of Dredd, Slaine or whoever suddenly having a blockbuster movie it's likely this is the only shot at a mass 2000AD line we'll see. So support it if you can. Yes its not cheap, it certainly isn't in my budget without a lot of modifications to existing spend, but for me its worth it. Hammerstein and Gronk?! Judge Giant! Who would ever have thought we'd see it...
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

inkymonkey

Quote from: BPP on 17 January, 2016, 06:43:24 PM

It's clearly because 2000AD was formative in Ashley Wood's world that he's so intent on using the company he owns to get 2000AD figures out there. Short of Dredd, Slaine or whoever suddenly having a blockbuster movie it's likely this is the only shot at a mass 2000AD line we'll see. So support it if you can. Yes its not cheap, it certainly isn't in my budget without a lot of modifications to existing spend, but for me its worth it. Hammerstein and Gronk?! Judge Giant! Who would ever have thought we'd see it...

It's bloody awesome, that's what it is! Back in the 80's, I made my own 2000AD characters out of whittled down Star Wars figures and plasticine... Made my own Judge Giant, amongst others. Never thought I'd see the day when someone had an official one...

:D :D :D

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 January, 2016, 11:54:44 AM
1/12th Giant, Mortis, Fire, Alpha, Hammerstein, Sov, Captain Klep, Anderson, etc.

1/6th Dredd, Death, Anderson, Alpha, Rogue

:lol: Just seen what you did there...!
@jamesfeistdraws

Mardroid

My comment wasn't meant to criticise 3A. (I have supported them in part before, having ordered three figures- and a lawmaster - from them.) I was just voicing my thoughts really on hunting down the other figures (Judge Death and Ro-Jaws) that were now only available through other parties.

The Ro-Jaws is particularly interesting. I found two, both Black Hole editions. One, not too far off the original price. One £75.77 + £10.80 postage. (From Barcelona.)  The other £125.79 +£30.75 postage. (From California.) Shows how much some sellers will try for!

The first probably isn't a bad deal.

flip-r mk2

Sceenshot from Ashley Woods Instagram page.

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Mardroid

Huh. So Sam Slade has multiple hands now too?

It's nice to have the extras with these premium figures but there are more bits to go missing!

Mardroid

Sorry I didn't intend that post to come across as a Moaning Michael. Mainly just expressing my surprise.

It looks like a nice presentation. And any extras are welcome. I guess as these are mainly used for display, it makes sense to have other hand types if blaster is holstered etc. (I hope there's a holster, incidentally. I get the impression he stores it under his jacket.)

I'm certainly excited its coming soon.

I'm gonna have to be very careful storing these extra tidly bits. I doubt I'll swap the hands much. I'd be afraid of wear and tear!  :lol: