Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Mardroid on 21 January, 2016, 01:11:00 PM
I'm gonna have to be very careful storing these extra tidly bits.

I find it handy to keep all the unused bits in a ziploc-type sandwich bag, which then lives in a particular drawer.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 21 January, 2016, 12:35:10 PM
Sceenshot from Ashley Woods Instagram page.

filippo

Hey look, his blaster is at top left of the packaging and do my robo-optics deceive me or is that Stogie in the top right spot?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

(I hope there's a holster, incidentally. I get the impression he stores it under his jacket.)

The right side of his jacket is flapping open because of Cutie.  The left side of his jacket (our right) has a bulge, so there's definitely something under there.  Hard to tell if it's a holster or a satchel/pouch as the flash obscures it.

It's probably just down to the small size of the photo, but Cutie looks shocked rather than sultry.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 22 January, 2016, 02:08:05 PM
(I hope there's a holster, incidentally. I get the impression he stores it under his jacket.)

The right side of his jacket is flapping open because of Cutie.  The left side of his jacket (our right) has a bulge, so there's definitely something under there.  Hard to tell if it's a holster or a satchel/pouch as the flash obscures it.

It's probably just down to the small size of the photo, but Cutie looks shocked rather than sultry.

Mardroid

Quote from: Dash Decent
Hey look, his blaster is at top left of the packaging and do my robo-optics deceive me or is that Stogie in the top right spot?

Yes I believe there are two cigars* in that top right compartment. I'm assuming the larger one on the left is Stogie, and the thinner one is a regular cigar. So I guess if you want to display him according to the Verdus time period (and before) you have the option.

A nice touch.

Yes I knew that was Cutie on the left (his right). I was thinking of the other side, but I see from that other picture (thanks Ming!) it's a pouch.

I do hope he has a holster somewhere, but I don't remember ever seeing one clearly in the comics that I have read. So it's true to that. (Maybe he just kept it in his pouch. Not too fussed about the quick draw, maybe he just made sure he was holding it when he was entering a situation he thought could get hairy.)

*I joined the Prog when his daughter Samantha had the role. So up until recently my main experience of this character was the small collections bagged with the Megazine.** Only recently, I downloaded the Robohunter case files volume 1. I've read Verdus, and Day of the Droids, and just started the first Brit-Cit arc.

Anyway, I was kind of amused that Sam has a cigar in his mouth in nearly every panel, including the action scenes.

**I guess I ordered it on a bit of a whim really. I liked the idea of the character but my experience of the stories based on the bagged magazines (the only stuff about him I'd read before ordering) was mixed. I'm glad to say Verdus was cracking and Day of... was pretty good too).

Dash Decent

Quote from: Mardroid on 22 January, 2016, 06:00:51 PM
Yes I knew that was Cutie on the left (his right). I was thinking of the other side, but I see from that other picture (thanks Ming!) it's a pouch.

Sorry Mardroid, I didn't mean to imply you couldn't tell that was Cutie, I just included that bit as some "navigating" to the point about the bulge (just like mentioning the gun before the cigars) - though I do see in hindsight how it may have read that way.

Thanks Ming for the close-up showing the satchel.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Mardroid

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 January, 2016, 10:06:19 AM
Quote from: Mardroid on 22 January, 2016, 06:00:51 PM

Sorry Mardroid, I didn't mean to imply you couldn't tell that was Cutie, I just included that bit as some "navigating" to the point about the bulge (just like mentioning the gun before the cigars) - though I do see in hindsight how it may have read that way.

No problem. I didn't mean my post to appear snippy, (it's difficult to get tone across, in posts sometimes) I was just clarifying my reasoning.

But anyway. Like a big kid ( which I guess I still am in some ways) I'm so looking forward to this!

Albion

Sam Slade, Gronk and Judge Fish are shipping next week.  :D
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Dash Decent

They're 'shipping? Wow.  Always the last to know.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dark Jimbo

:lol:

That's a future Droid Life, right there.
@jamesfeistdraws

BPP

Some news from the 2000AD line

Mortis then Judge Giant 1/12 to come after Chinese New Year (8th Feb) then Dredd 1/6 at the end of March.

Dredd 1/6 is not a scale up of the 1/12 so could look somewhat different.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dreddzilla

Quote from: BPP on 30 January, 2016, 03:12:08 PM
Some news from the 2000AD line

Mortis then Judge Giant 1/12 to come after Chinese New Year (8th Feb) then Dredd 1/6 at the end of March.

Dredd 1/6 is not a scale up of the 1/12 so could look somewhat different.
For pre-order?

teckno viking

Yep be pre order Dreddzilla.

Awesome news indeed :D

Dreddzilla

Anyone else hope we see a Cursed Earth Koburn by 3A?

Dash Decent

I'd love to see a large range of 2000AD characters.  However, as much as I'd like figures of Mean Machine, a Titan-adapted Rico, a pregnant Al Bestardi, a Mega City fatty with belly wheel, Chief Judge Griffin, Gene the Hackman, assorted Norts and Southers, Brass and Bland, Hoagy, a werewolf Judge and a twin-pack of Stix brothers, I really hope they get on to the key characters from other strips, particularly Johnny Alpha and Wulf Sternhammer, and especially Rogue Trooper.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll