Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

I can relate - After a catastrophic dusting incident both of Ro-jaws' arms popped out and once out, were too loose to pop back in and stay put without a dab of glue

SIP

I got the judge death figure today - thumbs up,  it's great.

Dreddzilla

Although having a Death figure for quite awhile now I've kept it in box as the card was in near perfect collectable shape, so I had to wait to get another one to mess with. Well, this figure is great overall, but hoping 3A can learn from their mistakes.

1st the positive.

The body sock used is the perfect material for the 1/12 scale, in fact it's actually better than what was used for the Mezco Dredd! The paint apps and wash over the bones is beautifully done.

And the figure is double jointed so you can recreate some neat scenes from the comics.
In fact I was able to get the figure in some great poses thanks to the double joints in it's knees.

Now the not so good.

I have a few complaints and if any of the guys from 3A are reading this I hope they take this advice in account when doing Dredd.

One, They really need to do what Mexco did and make the belts for future releases a seperate piece so it can be adjusted. The belt glued into the postion it is on my Death really hinders how far the legs can move upward.

Two, not so much a construction problem so much as a quality control issue, in adjusting the double jointed elbows the elbow pads straps popped off and had to be glued back on. So now one are can take full advantage of the double joint the other still can't so I have to be extra careful in moving it.

Over all on a ten point scale it gets 8 points. Just some minor things kept it from being perfect.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mardroid on 13 February, 2016, 08:57:42 PM
I took it out of the packet... And one of his feet and his waist pouch came off. As did Cutie, but in her
As for the foot, it can be attached but is very loose. A hard push will keep it on firm enough to use, but I don't think it should be that loose. The other foot cmes off quite easily too, but not to quite the same extent. A hard push will keep the feet on enough to Stan him, ext but it you turn the feet to pose him it will likely come off again.

A good fix for loose ball joints on these figures is to coat the ball with superglue before you put it back in. Here's the important bit though - keep it constantly moving around while the glue dries, or obviously it's just going to become immovable. Once dry, the coating of glue makes the ball joint that much more snug in the socket. If it's still loose you could add a second coating.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mardroid

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 13 February, 2016, 11:21:29 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 13 February, 2016, 08:57:42 PM
I took it out of the packet... And one of his feet and his waist pouch came off. As did Cutie, but in her
As for the foot, it can be attached but is very loose. A hard push will keep it on firm enough to use, but I don't think it should be that loose. The other foot comes off quite easily too, but not to quite the same extent. A hard push will keep the feet on enough to stand him, but it you turn the feet to pose him it will likely come off again.

A good fix for loose ball joints on these figures is to coat the ball with superglue before you put it back in. Here's the important bit though - keep it constantly moving around while the glue dries, or obviously it's just going to become immovable. Once dry, the coating of glue makes the ball joint that much more snug in the socket. If it's still loose you could add a second coating.

Thanks for the advice Jimbo. I was just going to glue the hook thing to the pouch, as that should be a fixture, but I was going to leave the feet, due to them being on a moveable joint. But I might try that trick... The feet are so loose I wonder if they're even properly in place. I think the fabric based trousers (while a nice feature) bunching as they do, might be part of the issue.

QuoteI wonder if it was expressly made to be nodded!

Or modded, even.

Mikey

An alternative to the glue solution is some electrical or paper tape around the peg - the glue option is probably better and I've only used the tape on 1/6 figs that have bigger joints. On 1/12 it might jam it too tight.

In other news from the 3a blog - Mortis goes up for sale on 29th February! I'm still waiting on my Sam Slade, Gronks and Fishes but they're close...
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

SIP

Does anyone know when Fear comes down off sale on bambaland? I want to buy it but need to wait on the funds.  Don't want to miss out.

Mikey

Probably before Mortis drops. If you're on FB or whatever you could ask them?

In other news;

Magnificent!

Dreddzilla

Quote from: Mikey on 17 February, 2016, 11:39:47 AM
Probably before Mortis drops. If you're on FB or whatever you could ask them?

In other news;

Magnificent!
Is the posing limited much due to the stitching and how are the joints? Just curious.

Mikey

No problems with posing and the joints are spot on, though the bag and Cutie can get in the way a bit but are easily removed. I really like the way the cuffs hide the wrist join too - think I'm more impressed with Sam than I was Death, which is saying something!

Mardroid

Am I the only one who received a Slade with loose boots, I wonder.

;)

chris_askham

Quote from: Mardroid on 18 February, 2016, 01:56:36 PM
Am I the only one who received a Slade with loose boots, I wonder.

;)

Yes, while it's a lovely figure, mine also has loose boots and shoulder joints. Not complaining mind, just an observation.

Mardroid

In an email from 3a, beneath pictures of what appear to be pervy mannequins, was this ad concerning Judge Mortis, (although I think most of the information is on this thread already).

The pictures didn't copy ufortunately. Doing this from my phone, so I'll see if there's better options later, unless someone beats me to it.

The sheep's skull looked pretty amazing!
3A // COMING SOON TO BAMBALAND!
FEB 25th at BAMBALAND.com!
3AGO DEAD EASY CORP

February 29th at BAMBALAND.com

Only rot and decay remain when Judge Mortis is near! ThreeA's 2000 AD 1/12th Scale Collectible Series Edition brings the eerie Mortis to life with incredible detail including newly sculpted grotesque features, tattered faux leather suit, and skeletal tail.

JUDGE MORTIS
2000 AD
1/12th Scale Collectible Series

Created by Alan Grant, John Wagner, and Brian Bolland

●  Design inspired by Brian Bolland
    ●  Figure Stands 6.6 Inches (16.76cm) Tall
    ●  Fully Articulated
    ●  Uniquely Designed 1/12th Scale Dark Judge Body including Exposed Decayed Details
    ●  Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Faux-Leather Tattered Tailored Outfit
    ●  Includes
        ○  Interchangeable Sculpted Hands x 6

USD $65
Price Includes Worldwide Shipping
*Design and color may change on final product   

ming

Lookin' good.  Really interested to see how they'll handle Judge Fire now...

James Stacey

He looks awesome.
Not sure why I don't get 3a mails. I've bought Death, Dredd and Fear and if I try and sign up to their email list it says Im already on it. Never received a mail other than order confirmations though.