Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

Quote from: teckno viking on 10 April, 2016, 04:09:10 PM
Not sure if we may have a longer wait.

ThreeA on FB answered a question of If an actual release dat for the Dredd & Lawmasters have been decided yet.
They replied "Still tooling up and end of 2Q".

Still tooling Up???

I wish they were just a little bit more specific about that. Are they doing minor tooling like are they dropping the "Weathered" battle damage look and are going to be more faithful to the comics by having clean armor?

Are they adding something new to the figure that would require extra tooling?

Could they possibly be referring to more paint apps on the figure?

teckno viking

I know what you mean. It is annoying but from friends who collect threeA stuff over the years, standard MO  with them for this sort of thing. Though part that worries me moreso is that many state not unusual to have to wait months/years longer than release date given.

Truly hoping NOT the case here with all the 2000ad Zarjaz goodness we all want.

Dreddzilla

If the delays are due to better quality materials or improving upon the idea's behind the previous Death figure and higher quality control then I'm fine with that longer wait.

I love the Death figure, but my one major gripe was the elbow straps popping out (and almost loosing them on top of gluing them back on) whenever I bent the arms.

If 3A can prevent that kind of problem on their Dredd figure then the wait would be worth it.

SIP

Completely agree on quality control.  I love the death figure but it certainly has problems.  You can't compare the build quality of death with the far more robust mezco dredd.

Banners

Isn't it about communication though? Having paid around £100 I think, nearly five months ago now, shouldn't 3A send emails with updates, rather than just reluctantly releasing scant details when prompted, details that people who aren't on particular platforms may not even discover.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: SIP on 11 April, 2016, 09:18:25 AM
Completely agree on quality control.  I love the death figure but it certainly has problems.  You can't compare the build quality of death with the far more robust mezco dredd.
EXACTLY! I'm hoping this delay is because 3A is trying to take what mezco did for their dredd and incorporating that into their's. And that's a great way to describe the main differences between these two products.

While well built the Death figure feels such a way that your afraid you'll break it (and it's not just because of the thin frame) whereas the mezco Dredd feels like a sturdier product and not something you'd worry about breaking.

teckno viking

Mezco have done an amazing Job. Having stripped the PX down I can see the figure and built.
I at present have one 1/12 ThreeA and that is the GRUNT soldier. It's like a 1/6th Soldier shrunk. The body seems fine so I hope the Dredd will be just as good if not better.

I have heard the Dredd Body is a new build body, so hopefully sturdier. As yet to get Death but I can understand why not as solid as Mezco due to the skinnier framework, makes it impossible to be as study I would say.

SIP

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 11 April, 2016, 09:26:35 AM
EXACTLY! I'm hoping this delay is because 3A is trying to take what mezco did for their dredd and incorporating that into their's. And that's a great way to describe the main differences between these two products.

While well built the Death figure feels such a way that your afraid you'll break it (and it's not just because of the thin frame) whereas the mezco Dredd feels like a sturdier product and not something you'd worry about breaking.

Yeah, the left arm on my death doesn't feel sturdy at all, it's wobbling all over the place like its detached under the clothing (I don't think it is), and bending the arms and legs feels like a gamble. It looks great though and the suit is really nice. It was enough to convince me to pre order fear.

The mezco figure on the other hand is just really solid. I was just really impressed with it from the minute I opened it. Just had to go out and buy the cursed earth variant (which I possibly love even more......yes, even the bright blue). Really want to get hold of the black and white version to finish he set.

The quality of the mezco dredd convinced me to pick up their dark knight returns batman this week. Geez, that's fantastic. Really recommended for any figure collectors who don't have him, he's just brilliant.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: SIP on 11 April, 2016, 06:43:32 PM
Quote from: Dreddzilla on 11 April, 2016, 09:26:35 AM

Yeah, the left arm on my death doesn't feel sturdy at all, it's wobbling all over the place like its detached under the clothing (I don't think it is), and bending the arms and legs feels like a gamble. It looks great though and the suit is really nice. It was enough to convince me to pre order fear.

The mezco figure on the other hand is just really solid. I was just really impressed with it from the minute I opened it. Just had to go out and buy the cursed earth variant (which I possibly love even more......yes, even the bright blue). Really want to get hold of the black and white version to finish he set.

The quality of the mezco dredd convinced me to pick up their dark knight returns batman this week. Geez, that's fantastic. Really recommended for any figure collectors who don't have him, he's just brilliant.
When I held the DKR Bats in my hand I knew right there and then that Dredd would be solid and thank grud he was.
After I first held 3A's Death I was less certain about their Dredd and that's not a good sign. BTW do the 3A guys ever read these forums? Just curious.

jacob g

Mezco Dredd is too bulky for my taste (this works for Miller's Batman but not so for Joe). Like in comics, I prefer Dredd when he's more like Eastwood, not "pumping iron" type. So even if 3A have flaws this is first Dredd (action) figure I like (in theory ofcourse).
margaritas ante porcos

ming

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 12 April, 2016, 08:10:28 AMAfter I first held 3A's Death I was less certain about their Dredd and that's not a good sign. BTW do the 3A guys ever read these forums? Just curious.

Any toy maker out there would be likely to have a hard time constructing a solid-feeling, articulated figure of a skinny Judge Death - a very different kettle of fish to Dredd and 'standard' body types.  3A does a great job, design-wise, and any flaws in the figures are outweighed by the overall quality of these (for me, at least).  Yeah, the wait times can be long but if you've spent any time reading the 3A threads here you'll know that's just par for the course (remember that this line was first announced in 2009 - ancient history!).

Gregory from 3A might lurk here now and again (hi Gregory!) but 3A is a small company with a lot of stuff going on so I don't expect that much time is spent here.  (And as there's generally so much whinging and moaning going on I can't say I blame them :lol:)

Anyway, we'll see what the rest of the year holds - I'm less bothered about 1/6 Dredd than Johnny Alpha, Rogue and Nemesis (at any scale).

Krakajac

For those that purchased the 1/6th scale Tharg figure many years ago - keep an eye on him.

Mine has deteriorated badly - not sure if it's a mold issue - but his 'pleather' jumpsuit is falling apart.  Possibly thrill-sucker infestation?

Pretty annoyed considering the amount I paid for it - none of my other collectibles have gone down a similar path.

ming

Quote from: Krakajac on 12 April, 2016, 11:07:15 AM
For those that purchased the 1/6th scale Tharg figure many years ago - keep an eye on him.

Mine has deteriorated badly - not sure if it's a mold issue - but his 'pleather' jumpsuit is falling apart.  Possibly thrill-sucker infestation?

Ouch.  Mine seems fine, thankfully.  (He's on display in a bookshelf, in a cool room, out of direct sunlight.)

TordelBack

I could probably get you one of those museum humidity monitors on the cheap. https://youtu.be/TNUtreybeVE

teckno viking

Quote from: jacob g on 12 April, 2016, 09:00:15 AM
Mezco Dredd is too bulky for my taste (this works for Miller's Batman but not so for Joe). Like in comics, I prefer Dredd when he's more like Eastwood, not "pumping iron" type. So even if 3A have flaws this is first Dredd (action) figure I like (in theory ofcourse).

Have to say as much as I do like the solid build of MEZCO that Is my biggest gripe, over built. However FYI it is NOT the same body as Batman I think as he is HUGE!  The Bulkiness of the photos before release of the MEZCO was a huge issue for me, though soon as I got him, it was not as originally bad as I thought and has grown on me.  Moreso the durability of him too.

My fear with the ThreeA is as buyers of ThreeA have said is fragility. Which let's be honest if MEZCO can do a solid one and at similar pricing, here's hoping ThreeA can too.

As for THREEA reading here and or fan's/buyers hurting their feelings. When you ask a hefty price tage for an ACTION FIGURE, people have a right to expect a Rather good All round action figure.

I appreciate they redesigned the DREDD body from their standard ThreeA nude, so hopefully they made him more solid. Guess hopefully this Year end of 2Q we find out???