Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teckno viking

He's arrived. No Customs charges so True Bargain from the US :D

First impressions.
WOW the card packaging is awesome, very robust. Great lay out in packaging. Of course ripped open shortly after admiring the packaging.

Sam himself is bloody awesome. Yes the boots being solid is a negative but a custom job with leather boots custom made will change that. Everything else Fantastic.
Articulation is excellent, as too acc's and spare hands.

Clothing is great and not really hinders in posing knelt down/seated. Hangs nicely from the figure.

Would love to know how much bigger the upcoming DREDD is compared to Slade as Mezco DREDD towers him. Though then again I have always seen Dredd akin to my height 6ft6 and you Do tend to tower. Plus most artists do DREDD towering too. So Sam's height actually sits nicely with me.

So only negative is the boots IMHO. Nicely sculpted but Yeah solid is no fun. Same when they do it 1/6th (along with other brands), they do off set the figures articulation/p
lay-ability.

I can see a lot of fun with Sam will be had. Now to start some Bots for him to deal with.

teckno viking

Oh had not realised you got TWO stogies with Sam. Shame they did not craft arms and legs onto One of them LOL

Mardroid

Does your Slade's boots stay on?

teckno viking

After na good play about. All joints are great. Poses very well just the let down of the none articulated feet (hope to address that).

Mandroid, the Boots are fine, they pop off when pulled but pop back on.

Mardroid

They come off for the smallest reason for me, and I think the linen trousers punching up doesn't help. Worried about using too much pressure and damaging th thing.

I was considering taking Dark Jimbo's advice about using superglue to thicken the joint (constantly moving it to prevent it sticking together and preventing movement) but I'm a bit nervous about that.

The lack of joints in the feet didn't really bother me. But I wasn't that sure what to expect, as I haven't collected many figures really. And those I have include a Durham Red with no knee joints* and ReAction Anderson and Judge Death with no moveable legs at all!

As a kid I had a lot of He-Man figures and their joints were pretty limited althout the arms and legs moved at least.

So I edit realise jointed feet were a thing with figures. I remember being pleasantly surprised when I received the 1/12 Monrol but then again he's a bit robot.

*Nice idea with the magnetic fixture guns though!

Dreddzilla

Hopefully someone can answer this for me. Will the Vintage Blue Dredd be available for sale without the bike? You know, for those of us that don't want too many bikes and don't have a ton of living space to begin with. And will it be available for sale outside of Bambaland or is it going to be a exclusive?

Thanks in advance for any help.

COMMANDO FORCES

There is no such thing as too many bikes. Slaine keeps saying something along those lines ;)

But sorry, I am no help at all with regards to your question :-X

Dreddzilla

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 May, 2016, 02:13:19 PM
There is no such thing as too many bikes. Slaine keeps saying something along those lines ;)

But sorry, I am no help at all with regards to your question :-X

Already ordered my good share of bikes.  ;)

teckno viking

Ordered and Building more So Yep as JB states, never enough LOL We have waited far too many decades to avoid them NOW!!

I think the Dark Blue os coming as a figure only, as he has been to toy expo's sans Lawmaster and with Lawrod.

Plus was it not said that Both GIANTS are coming, One in Black and one in Blue?

Dreddzilla

Quote from: teckno viking on 22 May, 2016, 02:30:51 PM
Ordered and Building more So Yep as JB states, never enough LOL We have waited far too many decades to avoid them NOW!!

I think the Dark Blue os coming as a figure only, as he has been to toy expo's sans Lawmaster and with Lawrod.

Plus was it not said that Both GIANTS are coming, One in Black and one in Blue?
Actually there has been pictures of the Blue Lawmaster along side the Blue Dredd at at least one toy expo.

COMMANDO FORCES

One black Giant and one blue. Would that not be classed as strangely racist ;)

Dreddzilla

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 May, 2016, 02:38:36 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it said that the Vintage Blue would be Giant Senior and the Black one was Jr?

COMMANDO FORCES

I am unaware of such a thing but may have missed that info due to other Dredd stuff. I shall flog myself for my dereliction of duty later.

BPP

I can't recall anything being said about Giant other than there being a Snr & Jnr.
Blue Dredd is all I can recall about different coloured variations.
Of course Dreadzilla might be right.

As for sales outside of bambaland - they all should be available via retailers - at the time of the relaunch it was said that the line would be available at retail (the implication being that limited editions such as 3aa or Bamba-only simply didn't sell well enough).

So the only 1/12 'rareity' in terms of availability was the SDCC 2015 Gronk n Fish.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

teckno viking

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 22 May, 2016, 02:44:26 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 May, 2016, 02:38:36 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it said that the Vintage Blue would be Giant Senior and the Black one was Jr?

Yes that was my understanding from the same information given somewhile back.

As for the midnight Blue Dredd he Has indeed be posted along side the Blue Lawmaster. However as said also been posted sans Lawmaster with figures of Sam Slade, Death and Standard Black uniform DREDD figures.