Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTooN

I'm pleased to hear its working JB, had a flap on one of mine but it was just a loose connection on one of the batteries. Sweating bullets for a mo tho !

I want 3A to be on a par with Mezco in terms of quality, it might be wishful thinking but I'll support them as much as possible, who else out there would have the balls to make Fish or Sam ??

I'm not trying to rain on 3A, I'm hugely grateful to see these toys at all but I'm honest when things dont work. Its just unfortunate that Mezco came first and their Dredd is a stonking figure that poses beautifully and takes any/all abuse on the chin  :lol:

I think any 3A QC issues will be designed out and 3A will reward us with a 2000ad line to be truly proud of. Its an ongoing process though, Sam and Death were first and had problems. Credit to them for engaging and keeping us in the loop, I dont mind waiting at all if they give us a Dredd on par with Mezco but in 3A style.

Tharg (bless him) what can I say thats not already been done to death. I've gone back and forth several times but I just cant pull the trigger on one. Not a Tharg hater exactly I just dont see much excitement from a Tharg figure. Maybe if I had a Thrill Sucker infestation !!

Grugz

I tend to stick to troopers with the odd bounty hunter thrown in .
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

SIP

Thought I was over my trooper fixation when I eventually sold my clone trooper collection......but must admit to owning most of the black series troopers......it's an illness.

TheTooN

Quote from: SIP on 19 August, 2016, 04:32:04 PM
That mezco cap looks great. Mezco are leading the way for me with their 1/12 figures. The punisher figures they are releasing look fantastic and I'm very tempted by the kirk and spock. Currently wasting my money on 1/6 figures though having blown over £300 on an indiana jones (my pride and joy) and I'm waiting on force awakens Rey and an art figures Riddick. Next up, sideshow Snake Plissken then I can get back to the lovely mezco figures.

Bang on SIP, Mezco's 1:12th crept up on me. I'd bought Mezco DC Mezzit's and some Hellboy figures but 1:12th Bats didnt register when it came out. I got into toys when my Son was 2, when he hit 8 he lost interest and I followed...regretfully. Also, I've still not seen Dark Knight so Mez Bats looked weird  :o

First time I saw a Mezco Dredd was a review by an American guy who posts in a UK Facebook group.

NYCC Dredd..........I blew a gasket on the spot.....reverted, turned, whatever. Ordered one and waited for the ransom. Never looked back, obsessive, anal ? Probably both and then some.

I loved comics as a kid but I never had many toys. Models galore (thanks Dad) but no toys. I'm enjoying a second childhood, maybe its a third now my wee man's grown up  :lol:

SIP

My son is 8 now and absolutely loves generation 1 transformers ( undoubtedly my fault) and has an impressive  collection (started  by myself and my two brothers).  He loves seeing what toys I buy next. The dark knight mezco is fantastic. I was a big fan of the graphic novel when it was originally released. I haven't seen a bad mezco figure yet, their one 12 collective is impressive. The only thing reigning me in at the moment is my 1/6 collecting of my movie heroes. Mezco one 12 is incredibly impressive and is clearly the benchmark for the scale. I will pick up more of their figures as the quality is so high.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: SIP on 20 August, 2016, 01:21:29 AM
My son is 8 now and absolutely loves generation 1 transformers ( undoubtedly my fault) and has an impressive  collection (started  by myself and my two brothers).  He loves seeing what toys I buy next. The dark knight mezco is fantastic. I was a big fan of the graphic novel when it was originally released. I haven't seen a bad mezco figure yet, their one 12 collective is impressive. The only thing reigning me in at the moment is my 1/6 collecting of my movie heroes. Mezco one 12 is incredibly impressive and is clearly the benchmark for the scale. I will pick up more of their figures as the quality is so high.
Right? God help me if they get the Star Wars license, I'll be in the poor house in no time, lol. :lol:
BTW who else is getting the punisher so he can go head to head with Dredd?  ;)

inkymonkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 August, 2016, 05:39:12 AM
I'm gonna guess October, so they can all be wrapped up for Christmas.

Naughty. ;)

Mardroid

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 19 August, 2016, 05:21:50 AM
From the threeA facebook page about Judge Dredd's release date. " Not this month. We'll have a more accurate shipping update next week. Dredd and Lawmaster have been pushed back a bit. Production/painting samples are being sorted currently. We apologize for the delay, but they'll be worth it. Just takes time."

Heh. Guess I'll be updating them with my new address then!

inkymonkey

Arrived today from the good folks at 3A - and best of all, they even honoured my 3AA membership and sold me this at the 15% discount price...!

Don't often get a win like that, so I'm pretty happy. Thanks to Pete "Greggs" Wells for the heads-up, and perhaps a lesson for all of us buying the 3A 2000AD toys - just because they say the figure is an exclusive, doesn't mean they haven't kept a bunch back at their warehouse for later use. It pays to ask!

TheTooN

Wow ! Super quick delivery, only sent on the 19th. Such a bonny paint app on this one. Fingers crossed mines not far off and I dont get a customs ransom instead of a box.

Seen a few folk mention 3A membership now, I'll look at it when it re-opens. I really dont need my head turned by a free figure from a different line tho. I see Von de Plume goes £100 upwards on Ebay but sellings painful, might not be worth it for the 15% off for a year even if I sold the figure on.

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 20 August, 2016, 01:25:58 AM

BTW who else is getting the punisher so he can go head to head with Dredd?  ;)

Mez Punisher looks like a cracker, they have some amazing figs in Marvel and DC. Trying not to stray from 2000ad now tho or its going to get silly.

I've looked long and hard at their Star Trek figures in the past but I cant get over the stitching and the weave or whatever its called on the tops. Illusion just doesnt work for me and I see dolls with amazing head sculpts and accessories. Saved me a good chunk tbh but its a shame at the same time as I love a bit of Trek.

I hope 3A keep me fed well enough so I dont need to stray for a toy fix.

TheTooN

HK to UK in 4 days, fastest ever that wasnt a timed delivery. Thanks again for the headsup Pete, thanks also to Chris at 3A for being helpful and so efficient. Love the orange box and art, keeping it out on display, at least for a while.

So much nicer than a blister card  ;)

Atreides

Awesome! I am waiting for one myself! After seeing this i am glad i asked 3A about it!
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Pete Wells

A pleasure guys, glad you got 'em!

inkymonkey