Quote from: TheTooN on 31 August, 2016, 11:52:33 AM
Gratz, he's a bonny lad !
Update from 3A forum
Re: Judge Dredd
Post by gregory Today at 6:09 am
Date is set for Sept 29th for 1/6th Dredd
Will have the details on the blog in the next day or two
~~Excited~~  :D :D

Thank god I will be getting a bonus on my salary that month!

And after that, it will be a looong wait (hopefully not)

I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Banners

How can Rebellion sanction, endorse and promote a new Dredd figure when the first one hasn't been delivered yet, despite having been made to pay up-front?

dweezil2

Quote from: Banners on 31 August, 2016, 06:47:57 PM
How can Rebellion sanction, endorse and promote a new Dredd figure when the first one hasn't been delivered yet, despite having been made to pay up-front?

Just order one from a dealer like Forbidden Planet or Big Bad Toystore where one pays on dispatch, if paying upfront is an issue.  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

Perhaps it's a competition between all the companies to see who can sell the most products without delivering :lol:

flip-r mk2

Quote from: dweezil2 on 31 August, 2016, 06:53:35 PM

Just order one from a dealer like Forbidden Planet or Big Bad Toystore where one pays on dispatch, if paying upfront is an issue.  ;)
Good idea, I'll be preordering it from one of those sites, that way I'll have at least a couple of years to save for it  :D

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Dandontdare

Quote from: dweezil2 on 31 August, 2016, 06:53:35 PM

Good tip - does that work? Have any of the 2000ad figures sold out or been unavailable by this method?

If this is a reliable alternative then fuck Bambaland and 3A, I'm just going to order through my LCS and let them have the upfront expense!

BPP

Yes its reliable (provided the toy supplier doesn't go bust in the meantime like 1/6th Bruce did).

Its more expensive tho as you'll have shipping and who knows where the pound will be by then (even more in the crapper is a good guess).

I'm 3AA so I get the discount but I'll confess one has to be very zen about their rhetoric vs delivery. On the up side if you've paid for it all upfront then you have 'no' cost when it arrives. Whereas deposit-schemes will front you a bill further down the line.

We can all get angry about 3A's slow pace but lets remember (1) they are a 3 man and a dog operation when it comes to 2000AD line (2) the product IS great (3) support it or it dies.. no ifs and buts... no crying down the line that nobody made a Joe Pineapples bot or whatever... 3A is pretty much the only game in town due the face 2000AD merch is incredibly niche.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dandontdare

Quote from: BPP on 31 August, 2016, 11:20:44 PM
Yes its reliable (provided the toy supplier doesn't go bust in the meantime like 1/6th Bruce did).

Its more expensive tho as you'll have shipping and who knows where the pound will be by then (even more in the crapper is a good guess).

I'm 3AA so I get the discount but I'll confess one has to be very zen about their rhetoric vs delivery. On the up side if you've paid for it all upfront then you have 'no' cost when it arrives. Whereas deposit-schemes will front you a bill further down the line.

We can all get angry about 3A's slow pace but lets remember (1) they are a 3 man and a dog operation when it comes to 2000AD line (2) the product IS great (3) support it or it dies.. no ifs and buts... no crying down the line that nobody made a Joe Pineapples bot or whatever... 3A is pretty much the only game in town due the face 2000AD merch is incredibly niche.

Hmm ... (righteous anger dissipating under reasonable rebuttal)

Fair points - I just want my Dredd & lawmaster and my 2 dark judges  (collapses into uncontrollable sobbing)

Atreides

Good things come to those who wait~~  :P
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Dreddzilla

So the release date for Judge Dredd and Lawmaster is October. Sigh, wish they make the preorder for this after the 1/12 hits the market so I could at least test the quality on the smaller one before I decided to preorder the big one.

Banners

I know I'm a bore on this, and I understand the notion of "support" and that this isn't a regular kind of transaction, and that we're paying for quality etc. etc. But it is galling to see Rebellion eagerly pimping the new Dredd figure, when in my opinion they should be holding 3A to account on delivering the first one, given that it's been nearly a year now.

jacob g

Honestly, I don't have problem with waiting more for 3A Dredd. One thing this AF is dream come true, I love how it looks, second thing is after waiting 1,5 year for preordered Strongarm vinyl my patience is stronger than ever.
margaritas ante porcos

Mikey

The day finally approaches! Part of me can't believe it's actually happened after the initial years of hope,  the drop to survival by 1/12 only, then the return of 1/6 and Dredd to boot - it's like an analogy of the comic itself.

Even though I'm used to preorder waits, I was also hoping to have the 1/12 Dredd and Lawmaster before this was up.  At least this is only presumably a shipping delay rather than a production one...
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Pete Wells

Can I ask where people have seen in October release date for the 1/12 Dredds? Shipping on ThreeA's blog still says Quarter 3.

It will be annoying if this is the case. I'm sure the buzz generated by the 1/12s would shift a load more 1/6ths. I've been a collector of ThreeA stuff for a long time now and the missteps of the company never fail to amaze me.

Mikey

I personally saw it on their Instagram of the pic from the Thrill Mail Pete - it doesn't specifically mention it's a shipping delay, I've just supposed that with a vision of a great big pile of delicious boxes of 2000ad tat in a warehouse waiting to be released! Brent Ashe also posted some shots of the final packaging which is usually a good sign the stuff is pretty much ready to ship.

And I agree with the 1/12 in hand it would maybe generate more interest in the 1/6 so I'd imagine they would have ideally wanted them out first.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.