Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teckno viking

@BPP
Glad to hear your a Die hard fanboy of ThreeA.
I have several of their 2000ad and None 2000ad 1/12 stuff.

In comparison to Mezco, Mezco did a sturdy none fragile Dredd which hit the mark with a LOT. It still needed product improving as I did with all of mine giving greater articulation in torsos and legs (Hip to be precise).
The clothing and accessories (even though not a fan of Mezco Eagle) is top notch and solid.

Now having three stuff yes very good BUT it does lack that robust quality. The figures truly are fragile and already have started stockpiling S.H.Figuarts Blanks to replace the ThreeA bodies if not improved over current body types.

I am Not one for BRAND Worshipping  Unlike yourself) as I call myself a customiser First and foremost but I do Want the best I can get too. As I Am A DREDD fan.

You make the point of DREDD being lesser to acknowledge in the Grand scheme of things, Fine maybe some truth But come on the sycophants like yourself over Ashleys own line are in an even smaller Number.  Whats the matter you Need someone to INSTILL their Artistic design upon you. I purely strip all MY threeA to use parts and customise, you'll be happy to know and throw away so much of the trashy parts like oversized hands, head sculpts.

My fears on ThreeA is well NO change this has just been an attempot to delay whilst ThreeA handled other lines. Too many Pokers in the fire and Bad Juggling act.

Anyone who knows the ThreeA brand knows its all on Ash's terms and to hell with anyone who has an opinion.  Some would say they are sycophants hanging onto his every word instead of seeing the bigger picture.

Banners

From Gregory on the 3A forums...

QuoteBambaland orders were set to go out end of this week, but I got an update around 4am this morning saying there is a packaging error. It'll push things back a few weeks.

Criticisms about the supposed lack of communication are also addressed, which is kind of the point—it would be better that news such as the above quote were proactively sent out to punters, rather than us having to look for it ourselves. As CF said, it's all about information.

Anyway, this kind of cross-forum sniping isn't nice and a couple of comments above are heading towards unpleasant territory. My criticism has never been intended in that way—sorry if it comes across as being somewhat confrontational. I guess I'm just very excited, even at my age, about getting this wonderful piece...!

COMMANDO FORCES

Tell them I want mine with the packaging error!

dweezil2

On a slightly different note, have pictures of the new Dredd 1/12 sculpt been revealed yet?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

inkymonkey

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 27 October, 2016, 11:01:57 PM
Tell them I want mine with the packaging error!

Being a completist, can I have one with a packaging error and one without?

Dreddzilla

Quote from: dweezil2 on 27 October, 2016, 11:35:27 PM
On a slightly different note, have pictures of the new Dredd 1/12 sculpt been revealed yet?
Nope. And since only the body underneath the fabric will be different k doubt the Figure will look any Different from the prototype/promotinal images we've seen. And no I don't think the "popeye" face as it has been dubbed by some (you know who you are) will be corrected which I am fine with since it looks close enough to the comic look that it dosen't bother me at all. :)

Mardroid

Indidnt dislike the original, but toning down that gurning expression would be good. Actually a face like the 1/6 would be ideal. Just the serious close mouthed look i means. I'm not suggesting the 1/12 have a swappable jaw like the 1/6!

teckno viking

Yeah error packaging is the least of the worries lol as Mine for one will be stripped straight from packaging anyway.

Dreddzilla

Any idea what they could mean buy packaging error? Like, The cardbacks were switched between the standard and Variant? Or maybe the package tray for the figure was the wrong size?  :lol:

Mardroid

Maybe it's a photo of their upcoming Stallone variant on the back.

Mardroid

Actually, I think I got.that wrong. An inside source * states that the Stallone look is the new sculpt complete with removable helmet and extra armour for his lovegiver.

The figure has got a sound chip with his catchphrases too, and a remodeled governor lawmaster for those who ordered that. And we get all this for the same price, lucky us.

The packaging error was the picture of the prototype.

*[spoiler] I.e. my botty[/spoiler].

Trent

I heard all the delays were because they were prioritising the 'Rob Schneider Fergee on a stretcher with Dredd and Hershey kissing' scene from the end of Dredd diorama.
Roll on I say, and I know many on the board have been waing 20 years for it.

Dreddzilla

Nice to see 3A finally make it official.  :lol:

"2000 AD 1/12th Collectible Figure Series Judge Dredd update:
Attn all Dredd Heads, we are sorry to report that due to a production error shipment of the 2000 AD 1/12th Scale Collectible Series Judge Dredd and Lawmaster figures has been pushed back from this week to Mid-November. The issue is being corrected currently and we thank you all for your patience and support!"

teckno viking

Next excuse will be?

Still say they should offer people the chance to get them now with error packaging if this is TRUE of course.

I for one and no doubt many others are NOT bothered about packaging. Hell just bubble wrap the bloody stuff in a shipping box and send them out for all I care!

So if Mid Nov (presume this year, Yeah I know I presumed) that will mean then we lucky sods in the UK with Bamberland orders MAY, Just may see this year. Those via other retailers will not see till the new year now.

Mikey

Popped in to share the delay news, but see it's been shared already. I too wanted my Dredd like yesterday, but I now have the perspective where I don't take it personally. Jumping up and down about it doesn't speed things up. Trust me, I've tried everything.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.