Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teckno viking

Very true Mikey.

Though a year of interest from everyones paid for product. Stinks.
Not like ThreeA are a Kickstart or as small as they constantly proclaim. After all look at All the franchises they are covering. Figures, Mecha, plus their own lines and at 3 different scales.

Dreddzilla

First time I ever had a post deleted on fb.

It was on the World of 3A page and All I said was ""I appreciate what you guys are doing for us, I really do.
But I'm pretty sure a lot of fans are at this point already with all the delays, lol"

And below that was a pitchfork and Torches meme from the simpsons movie. :lol:

dweezil2

I think we just have to accept that it's par for the course with a niche licence like 2000AD.
I had to wait nearly 2 years for the PCS Dredd on Lawmaster and the end result was magnificent, so a certainly don't begrudge waiting if the end product is of high quality.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

teckno viking

But That is the key question. 
PCS Dredd and Lawmaster delivered. However ThreeA have a history of delivering what Ashley wants NOT what is expected.

Still say MEZCO has shaken them with what they had planned. Happy retract the words If we ever get our ThreeA ones and they prove me wrong.

Cloth detail is Awesome with ThreeA, weapons are so so for detailing but the figures are indeed fragile compared to Mezco.

Hopefully All these delays do show an improved body that is more robust and glad to hear ThreeA have started to take on board other brands to try and emulate and fingers crossed Improve upon.

From the ThreeA prototype, my only ever concern bar short Dredd (we now know apparently taller newer body) was the Lawmaster. In as much as the cheap Lighting. Though as said it was the prototype.

What gets me If it was Only a Packaging issue that has Now caused yet another delay. Why did Greg NOT have Production release pieces at the NYCC of only a week or two ago?
Yes they had the prototype 1/6th Dredd but why not production released 1/12 to showcase?

Alas I am feeling due to lack of this the supposed error on packaging is not actually the truth.

BPP

Fairly astounding levels of personal abuse aimed at me by theToon and techno Viking. I trust the mods are on the case.

But let's stick to what I objected to...

There is zero evidence for an 'assumption' that 3A's were 'blown out of the water' by Mezco's Dredd. But if spouting that is your idea of support for the one shot we have at a line of obscure 2000ad figures like Sam Slade and The Gronk then cool.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

teckno viking

Well With wha greg stated about they had supposed to be shipping this week and Suddenly now Mid Nov due to error in packaging.

My question still stands why at NYCC did they not have Production made on show? Instead all we have Still to date is the prototypes. Even after hearing they have supposedly done a taller, Beefer body. We still have Not seen.

As for Support, well let me see, That I personally have 3 Figures and Lawmasters Paid for I consider Support. That most have pre paid and still NADA to show for it not visual of Product (NOT Prototype). If we are supposedly waiting till Mod Nov for the package error to be sorted, Plenty of time to have some photos taken of the NEW improved Figure? No?

It's Not rocker science to at lest show deceny to those who have paid of what they are Actually going to recieve instead of constantly being told of yet another Delay.

The lack of this makes me feel Yes Mezco has set a bar they cannot equal. Though as said numerous times throughout this thread, I hope to be proven wrong.

The support is as we all know Not what we say but their Interest gathered over almost 12 months worth of Interest rates with us still waiting and Guessing.

So Yes SUPPORT BPP is there for ThreeA, be nice to show respect back to the customer base in terms of visual.

Dandontdare

I can only comment on what's been posted on this forum as I don't do Facebook or visit the 3a forum, but I haven't seen
QuoteFairly astounding levels of personal abuse
I think that people have been pretty restrained, compared to what passes for feedback on the web these days.

BPP

Really?

I'd say being called 'a sycophant' and being accused of running to 3A and 'telling tales' (when all I posted was people here were getting annoyed and was there any firm shipping date we could get to them) is all fairly out of order for this forum.

I would add that thenoon cut and pasted my post here on the 3A forum and started objecting to it  accusing me of 'bitching' and hating him. Heyho.

I'd also point out all i stated was that there was no basis for saying 3A were 'blown out of the water' by Mezco. And there still isn't. Indded in his comments since asking him for a firm date Gregory has stated that 3A did look at a specific company's bodies and it wasn't Mezco.

(modified to change a typo of 'where' to 'here')
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

teckno viking

Well as Mezco change their bodies per release, they are Not using one type of body. Plus As an American company they would be very quick with legal action no doubt if that was to be the case.

I personally Hope the SH.Figurats is chosen or to a degree mimic. All my 1/12 3A figures I have replaced with SHF Blanks and what an improvement they are. Same height, same articulation give or take overall and most important they are more Solid and durable.

Though BPP you in your posts here have been very pro 3A (Are you an Albion fan boy?) and Did go and post on Legion.
People have a right to be upset.

Funny how you are ignoring my point of why I do Not believe the Carding error, as we Still have NOT seen Production run photos of Dredd and Lawmaster yet.
Again to reiterate  NYCC was the Perfect and Logical place to showcase and was recent.  Greg Had the Prototype 1/6th Dredd there as seen in photos and videos.

That Greg this week stated they had been marked to dispatch this week, meaning they Supposedly have Production Run on hand.
So Why have they NOT shown them On Legion, FB, PR release etc?  Apparently IF gtrue on packaging error, they have time to take photos now!

This is why the supposed "Error" on packaging is not sitting well with me and is yet another delaying Tactic.

Plus again BPP to Reiterate, I DO Support ThreeA, they have my money for THREE sets of Dredd & Lawmasters. That is how Ashley works, Takes your money and well be damned with the customers. So many ThreeA fans have lost faith in him over the years.

BPP You mention Sam et al as Little known yet ThreeA did them, Fair point however Stonk is a lump of resin, Sam Slade is a Very easy put together figure most customisers could do in an hour.  They are easy pieces.
Judge Death IMHO was the first proper build from them and He has been very well recieved, so much so Globally everyone wanting their Dark Judges.
As for the Bots, well Bots and ThreeA always go down well.

Honestly Dredd & Lawmaster has been a task for them to get right hence all the delays.

TheTooN

You had a pop at me here for expressing my opinion on figures I own and my personal assumption on why 3A went for a new body for Dredd. You assumed I was hating on 3A and decided to call me out on it. Also telling Gregory in as many words, maybe you should go take a look at the 2000ad forum. I didnt like it, you might even say I took exception to it, it felt like a kid telling on me to the teacher.

I have not leveled any personal abuse at you, neither do I mention you hate me elsewhere. Why would you even suggest it ? I said I'd tried to apologize to you when you were angry 3A sold SDCC Mongrol 'out the back door' remember your comment here after I posted how happy I was to have secured one ? Since then you 'teased me' again on the 3A forum, I dont know you or your sense of humour, this was the third time.

I try to be a nice guy online but this felt personal and I sincerely apologize if my actions have caused offense or embarrassment to the forum and its members.

Getting back to the issue. My personal opinion based on my figures from Mezco and 3A.

Mezco Dredd is bulletproof. in the year + since the first one arrived they have been in constant use with zero degradation to joints, uniform or accessories. They look exactly the same as they did when I first opened them. I'd have liked some cosmetic changes but as an action figure its superb.

3A make fantastic looking toys but they are not durable. I like to repose my figures regularly and change up my displays. I've not touched any of the 3A's in ages for fear of damaging them. I can provide plenty of photographs of the ones that have broken and I'm 48 not 8.

In summary, 3A make the best looking toys. Mezco make toys I can enjoy as 'action figures'.

Horses for courses, some folk like to keep their figures mint on card. For those folks articulation and durability are not an issue. Others take them out and pose them once and leave them alone. Fair play to them I have no problems with how anyone chooses to collect.

I want an adult collectible that I can still have fun with (fnaar fnaar) so artic and durability score highly and when I find one lacking in either I'll be honest in my opinion like it or lump it.

If 3A Dredd is good I'll shout from the rooftops, its what we all want. If it isnt I'll be honest and hope it sells well enough for the line to continue.

Dreddzilla

I just realized I've been ignoring the DJ's. Are they going to be released along side Dredd or Later?  :-\
Have the delays for Dredd also delayed the DJ's?

TheTooN

Fear still saying end Oct early Nov, Mortis is Nov/Dec.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: TheTooN on 29 October, 2016, 11:53:25 AM
So we should be hearing about them then, right? :think:

TheTooN

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 29 October, 2016, 12:25:44 PM
Quote from: TheTooN on 29 October, 2016, 11:53:25 AM
So we should be hearing about them then, right? :think:

I'm sayin nowt mate ;)

teckno viking

Guess when their Dimension Jump Devices brings them ThreeA will let us know ;)