Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

The delays are pretty long though, and they extend....

I'm not that fussed myself, but I can understand why it gives plenty the hump.

Banners

QuotePossibly opening a can of worms here, and I'm probably going to regret this, but I've got to ask  - why do folks here get so upset that there is not regular communication direct to the pre-order buyers?

Because in asking for a significant amount of money up-front, there is a justifiable expectation of delivery within a realistic timeframe. If the figure and bike are still not ready, why didn't we get to pay at this point, now nearly a year later?

Also, on a personal level, this was a gift, so it's a bit embarrassing saying it still hasn't arrived yet.

I applaud others' laissez-faire attitude, and wish I wasn't still banging on about it. But I run a business—if I took £100 off someone and then didn't contact them once within nearly 12 months to explain delays and apologise, I'd be rightly criticised.

TordelBack

Banners makes good points, but this supposes that the customer for this kind of obscure high-end niche product is going into the contract ignorant of the general pattern for these things (delays and more delays), and 3A in particular (perfectionism, and a rather... ethereal approach to customer concerns about said delays).  It's an unusual and unsettling commercial model, but as with Kickstarters you should be exposing yourself to the risks and frustrations with eyes open: without the customer accepting the hurdles and uncertainties, it's likely the product wouldn't exist at all.

Banners

I love you, Tordels but I can't accept that it's the customer's fault for being ignorant, rather than 3A's fault for not simply sending one email since we passed the supposed "preorder for 2nd Quarter 2016" timescale.

But, again, we're going around in circles—and I've no wish to continue and risk veering this thread into potentially unpleasant territory. Those on either side are going to have to agree to disagree, and I will have to accept and respect 3A's approach. They are, after all, getting a lot of things—most importantly, the figures—so very, very right.

Indeed, what we can all agree on, is that we're all very excited for the 3A figures—and that we know they're going to be drokking great.

inkymonkey

Quote from: Banners on 06 November, 2016, 06:03:09 PM
I love you, Tordels but I can't accept that it's the customer's fault for being ignorant, rather than 3A's fault for not simply sending one email since we passed the supposed "preorder for 2nd Quarter 2016" timescale.

But, again, we're going around in circles—and I've no wish to continue and risk veering this thread into potentially unpleasant territory. Those on either side are going to have to agree to disagree, and I will have to accept and respect 3A's approach. They are, after all, getting a lot of things—most importantly, the figures—so very, very right.

Indeed, what we can all agree on, is that we're all very excited for the 3A figures—and that we know they're going to be drokking great.

Absolutely. Great attitude Banners!

Mikey

Well my tuppence says the frustration comes from wanting the things NOW, gruddamn it! I used to get annoyed and I was a bit pissed off there was a further delay, but this whole thing has always had a high dose of faith and hope involved. And there's always a horrible sneaking suspicion they might collapse without warning as annoyed customers cancel orders and refuse to buy more. One of the reasons I've not accepted offers by my long suffering Mrs to buy me the odd figure as gifts is the fact there's generally delays and it'd get on her nerves much more than it does mine, plus that fear they go belly up without warning. However I don't think they'd never deliver on orders, I've seen them go into their own pocket to replace stuff that didn't come up to scratch.

Undoubtedly they could really do with having an update email now and again, but I genuinely think they're as small as they say they are and have hit the mark far more times than missed it.

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

teckno viking

I see Kickstart got mentioned as a model of waiting till ready. I totally agree you do However they DO NOT take the money off you till ready. It is a Pledge you make.

ThreeA take the money and for me (BTW 2 of these paid for by my wife for my Birthday and Xmas present of last year when we got told early 2016 release) having Three sets paid for (had to get a third LOL) it is annoying that much money up front and constant delays and NO photo updates at the very least.

I still state if only a packing error/delay why has ThreeA not used the time to silence folk like myself who are disgruntled with them by at least showing photos or even a youtube of a Production ready pieces?
They have the time whilst the packing is sorted surely?

ted5536

I assume the reasoning for not showing any images is due to the fact that not much on the figure has changed from the initial prototype. Probably just minor adjustments that more affect the way it moves then the way it looks.

teckno viking

Thing is ted5536 it has.
Prototype was a normal ThreeA body i believe, they then developed and made a taller different build body.
The New Body and the only photo of the New body (i am aware of) not in a case was at a toy fair and one of them was lopsided and both badly posed LOL  Then of course the case with the Dark Judges (Death, Fear & Mortis) but again behind glass case is not the same. Though unsure if original prototype Dredd or new Body Dredd.

Plus the Lawmaster had Bad LED lighting that looked cheap. As being the prototype they just stuck a bulb and tried to light up front and back screens with it. I am truly hoping they rectified that and gave it a more professional look.

Mezco did a great job with lighting up their Lawmasters and inc a screen with information on. ThreeA proto did not have that and tbh not bothered that much But DO want the lighting to look cracking and not shoddy like the prototype.

TordelBack

Quote from: teckno viking on 08 November, 2016, 07:56:51 PM
I see Kickstart got mentioned as a model of waiting till ready. I totally agree you do However they DO NOT take the money off you till ready. It is a Pledge you make.

Not so. They take your money if the funding target has been reached at the end of the campaign. Fulfillment can take years after that point, or never happen at all.

But it isn't a good comparison with the 3A advance payment - just mentioned it as a similar caveat emptor situation.

ted5536

Thanks for the info Teckno, my only experience with them and lights is bad. The MGS Rex I have the lights did not work properly as you could switch them on, but you could not always switch them off.

BPP

ThreeA's only official photography is done by Ashley Woods. He lives in Australia far from the production site. They never release production photos after the promotional photos are done. Sketches - Blurries - Sales Pics - Pictures from conventions. That's it.

They have explained that the ordering system (bambaland) isn't set up to create / harvest email lists so they can't batch email people on any particular order. Maybe they'll change that on the next build of their ordering site but for now it is what it is.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

TheTooN

Quote from: teckno viking on 09 November, 2016, 12:03:53 AM

The New Body and the only photo of the New body (i am aware of) not in a case was at a toy fair and one of them was lopsided and both badly posed

I dont have the pic on my PC but I do remember seeing 2 Dredds side by side that had been sat on the bike and not reposed properly for whatever con/fair they were at. They looked bow legged as hell but Gregory explained why and provided us with this pic to show Dredds height with previous and upcoming releases. IIRC those pics were all the old body, only pics seen to date using the new body were on Alpha at NYCC.

A photograph from 3A of the new one would shut up any flak but if thats not how they roll its their call.

I hope they can add some kind of software update to Bamba in future, it would keep most happy just to have had some news straight from the horses mouth. Not all though, some of the angry comments on FB wo3a, asking for refunds and saying never again, make our comments look tame.

teckno viking

That's a rsather arrogant stance on Ashley's position then BPP. You would think some credit to everyone who folks up all this money by showing them something As Scott says, that alone would quieten a LOT of skeptisism.

Thanks Scott for that photo mate.  Looking at the figure makes me curious on what THREEA did to the new body. Have they just increased height by finally giving figures articulated feet? Or is more done to this New body?

Will know once stripped down and had a good look. Photos will be going online and thankfully Plenty of their standard 1/12 figures I have stripped to compare too.

As I have openly stated the reluctancy to share is what is annoying (from my perspective) and yes somewhat the delays.
I had to Mod the Mezco body for better articulation but as said cannot fault construction as a sturdy base. Have a few of the other Mezco 1/12 and they seem to change body types.

So Yes curious the differences on this New body but Looking forward to putting it through it's paces.
I want nothing but the best for this figure, However I seriously have reservations. I hope ThreeA prove me wrong on them.

@ted5536, thanks for the heads up on dodgy wiring. However wont hold that against ThreeA just yet as COMMANDO on here had wiring issues with his Mezco Lawmaster. It happens.
My only concern at present with the Lawmasters is better lighting, moreso the Top 2 screens, as prototype looked cheap with one bulp in the centre and darn around the sides.

Supposedly we are seeing these coming out this month still so Bamberland first means will have two then BBTS for third.

Alays said I like the look of the Leaner DREDD from ThreeA so lets hope its good as he will be my Dredd possibly Head change though (unsure till in hand).

My Justice Dept Custom Box awaits the new toys to play with.

shaolin_monkey