Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob g

Quote from: BPP on 29 November, 2016, 04:33:50 PM
Wouldn't get too excited about the tracking numbers - when I've used them it tends not to be updated until after I've got the item. Then suddenly a load of detail (China - Amsterdam - UK - Belfast - 50 km the wrong direction - completed) appears.

You know, it's no problem at all, I'm just glad I have some proof of AF being on it's way. It's not like I'll be on constant F5 mode from now on.
margaritas ante porcos

teckno viking

Got both of mine. Guess the BBTS probably be after Christmas Unless extremely lucky.

BPP

Re 3a and import tax..

Legally it's due.

The only times I've had to pay it were on 2014 & 2015 3AA packs - both of these were huge 20" cubed boxes so more than likely customs automatically snooped.

Nothing smaller has prompted customs taking a look, including Mongol 1/6. So hopefull even Dredd + Lawmaster won't prompt investigation.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Banners

There is no mention of import tax on the Dredd & Lawmaster product page (nor in the Bambaland site as whole as far as I can see), but rather the price is stated as including worldwide shipping. As you say, it will be easier all round if no tax is levied. But if it does get charged, my 'grumpy old man' instinct will kick in and I will be compelled to...

a) demand 3A/Bambaland reimburse me; or

b) march on Downing Street demanding to know why AstraZeneca et al pay no corporation tax, but I have to pay tax on a toy policeman; or

c) Tweet about it in a devastatingly witty but subtly scathing way; or

d) Shut up and pay it like the downtrodden and obedient prole I am.

inkymonkey

Quote from: BPP on 29 November, 2016, 04:33:50 PM
Wouldn't get too excited about the tracking numbers - when I've used them it tends not to be updated until after I've got the item. Then suddenly a load of detail (China - Amsterdam - UK - Belfast - 50 km the wrong direction - completed) appears.

Most likely half the people blame 3A for this.

All of this is true.

Dreddzilla

Pete Wells

Yep, the face looks much less 'gurney.'

TordelBack

Hah, that does look really fantastic, some great colour choices.

Two niggles for me would be: the zipper, while far superior to the Mezco, is still too bulky - maybe this is just an inescapable 1:12 scale issue in general; and wot, no boot knife?  Other than those teensy things, looks like the perfect Dredd figure.

Dreddzilla

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 November, 2016, 07:19:11 AM
Hah, that does look really fantastic, some great colour choices.

Two niggles for me would be: the zipper, while far superior to the Mezco, is still too bulky - maybe this is just an inescapable 1:12 scale issue in general; and wot, no boot knife?  Other than those teensy things, looks like the perfect Dredd figure.
Trust me, I asked one of the people at 3A about the lack of boot knife over a year ago and they said it was just a 'Artistic Choice' which I don't agree with, but I'm not making these.  :lol:

SIP

A couple of times the review makes mention of this being based on the comic depiction, unlike the mezco. The mezco is a comic depiction of dredd though......just based on different artists.

It looks great though.

jacob g

Picture with both 3A and Mezco Dredd shows why it was good idea to get both AFs. Different yet both of them 100% Dredd, love it.
margaritas ante porcos

teckno viking

Quote from: jacob g on 30 November, 2016, 08:58:29 AM
Picture with both 3A and Mezco Dredd shows why it was good idea to get both AFs. Different yet both of them 100% Dredd, love it.

Wholeheartedly agree. The mix of ThreeA & Mezco Judges will work nicely.  Also still need do a proper figure articulation test, can he draw his lawgiver from the boot etc.  Had to mod Mezco hips to be able to do that, hoping NOT the case here.
Though yeah ThreeA Will be my DREDD figure I think. Always been a fan of lean n mean over powerhouse.

As for boot knife well simple task would be either make a scabbard and knife or add the ReAction Dredd Scabbard and knife to the ThreeA boot?

TordelBack

Quote from: jacob g on 30 November, 2016, 08:58:29 AM

Very true, in fact the comparison with the 3A makes the Mezco look better than it did on its own. Yet again the strength and adaptability of the Dredd design is demonstrated, with two quite different interpretations both spot-on, and each faithful to the comic version(s) in their own way. 

inkymonkey

Absolutely, happy to have both - it's like having a Dredd dating back from the first 500 progs of 2000AD, and another Dredd from the last 500. And Lawmasters to boot. Very cool. Totally supports the notion that different artists' versions of the character could make valid and distinct figures (I'd love McMahon, Ezquerra, Ron Smith and Steve Dillon versions, please). Though I'd be happier if 3A or Mezco just continued to produce other characters from the 2000AD stable...

inkymonkey

Actually, add in a McCarthy Dredd too, just for the hell of it.