Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SIP

It's an absolutely perfect lawmaster...... it it Nedd to be at least 25% bigger to match the scale of dredd.  It's a pity.  Dredd looks ace.

Pete Wells

Just got my Lawmaster unfortunately ("3A Dredd was delayed, again!") but drokk me, it's absolutely beautiful!!!

Pete Wells

Here's the back (look at that lovely weathering...)

And here's how the batteries go in (6xAG1) as the instructions aren't that clear...

It... it's beautiful!

TheTooN

Viewscreen looks good lit up, wasnt that keen on it at first. Top notch paint, PCS should take note after their attempt at weathering a Lawmaster ! I wont get the replacement statue until the new year now, asked if I could have a clean one but policy is a direct replacement.

Be careful when leaving the bike unattended, mines already tried a nosedive off the unit, fortunately I was stood next to it and caught it before it hit the floor.

Thanks again for the video Pete, not laughed so much in ages, really made my day !

Dash Decent

My standard 3A Lawmaster is lovely!  It's fantastic seeing something from the comic realised physically and so well.  However I have been foiled by those three terrible words - "Batteries not included"! :D

I was thinking of posting some pics of the battery compartments but Pete's covered it beautifully.  The smaller battery cover has a lip on it you use to pry the top off (not that you have to use a lot of force, it seems to clip in well without being too difficult or too flimsy).

The 'wear' on mine includes three parallel scratches on top of the front mudguard, leading up to the eagle's claw.  It looks like went for a walk or decided to take some frustration out on Dredd's duco!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Pete Wells on 03 December, 2016, 05:39:00 PM

My other thought on the bike is that it's so well done, I'm sure we'll start seeing some of the artists basing their drawings on it, just as the Planet Replicas badge and uniform have permeated the prog.  I'm not so fond of the PR badge (to my mind, the curves on the eagle make it look too soft/less tough) but if this works its way into the pages of the prog I'll be happy - so long as the artists scale it up/elongate it a bit.

(Thought: if an artist buys one of these to model his drawings on, can they claim it as a tax deduction?  That sounds like a good deal!  "Dear Inland Revenue, I had to buy the uniform and the badge and the helmet and all the figures... it's for my work!")
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

inkymonkey

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 December, 2016, 01:08:48 AM
(Thought: if an artist buys one of these to model his drawings on, can they claim it as a tax deduction?  That sounds like a good deal!  "Dear Inland Revenue, I had to buy the uniform and the badge and the helmet and all the figures... it's for my work!")

I like where this is going.

Steve Green

Sure they could, if you're a Dredd artist.

dweezil2

Not unlike the Cursed Earth, my post box was a barren wasteland, hopefully tomorrow!!!! :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

teckno viking

Great photos and the 3A Lawmaster looks amazing, just shame about undersized. 

I guess I will look at either increasing size of 3A Lawmaster or leave these for HOTDOG Run Cadets and my 3 Custom Lawmasters I Made for Street Judges.

teckno viking

Quote from: dweezil2 on 04 December, 2016, 01:35:38 PM
Not unlike the Cursed Earth, my post box was a barren wasteland, hopefully tomorrow!!!! :)

Same! 

teckno viking

As for the Lawmaster, shame no rear lights, however looking at that, it could be possible to A, Put lights in place & B, Storage container as I did with my 3 scratch builts too.

Already made New Leather Scabbards (truly cannot believe it did not come with scabbard & a rifle of some sort) to be attached to the 3A Lawmasters.

dweezil2

Quote from: teckno viking on 04 December, 2016, 03:34:32 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 04 December, 2016, 01:35:38 PM

Same!

Hope we get lucky tomorrow!  :) :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

TheTooN

After spending more time fiddling and comparing with Mezco's I think 3A's Dredd has it beat.

Using an independent sleeve for the upper boot and a ball socket foot makes all the difference for posing. Uniform material looks fantastic and allows great movement, all the sculpted parts are gorgeous and the paint really gives it that gritty Mega City feel.

Sure its delicate, some scale issues (imho) with the hands, MKII and bike but overall I'm chuffed to bits. Looking forward to the regular set next week.

How fiddly were those batteries :crazy: Poundland for anyone on the hunt.

teckno viking