Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

God yes those batteries are fiddly. I ended up balancing them one by one above the sprung slot and then pushing them into place with a cocktail stick as I couldn't get my fat sausage fingers in close enough to do the front ones by hand. The local pound-shop only sold packs of 30 - 5 each of six different sizes. So although it only cost me £2 to get fully illuminated, I've now got 54 spare batteries!

Mardroid

I thought I might have to resort to using a pair of tweezers at one point on my initial try, which would be difficult as I don't know where to find any. I did end up using the point of a pair of scissors to maneuver the batteries... then tipped them out and tried again with the technique I mentioned above. Then it turned out quite easy.

lincnash

Sticky tape is your friend !!!!.

Stick the 4 batteries in line, on a piece of tape.
The same way as they would sit in the Lawmaster.
Roll it like over, making a "Battery Sausage Roll".  :)
Trim any excess tape from where the Electrical Contacts will touch.
Push your "Roll" into the compartment on the Spring side first.

Cocktail sticks (wooden/plastic) are okay for adjustment.
I would not use anything metal ( scissors, tweezers ).
Wouldn't want to "short" anything out and no light again, ever.

Dandontdare

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 22 December, 2016, 07:28:54 PM
Sticky tape is your friend !!!!.

Stick the 4 batteries in line, on a piece of tape.
The same way as they would sit in the Lawmaster.
Roll it like over, making a "Battery Sausage Roll".  :)
Trim any excess tape from where the Electrical Contacts will touch.
Push your "Roll" into the compartment on the Spring side first.

Cocktail sticks (wooden/plastic) are okay for adjustment.
I would not use anything metal ( scissors, tweezers ).

Good tip - I'll rememer that.

And yes I had the same thought when I saw mention of tweezers and scissors - batteries don't need to be faulty to cause problems ...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-38397456

jacob g

One thing is bothering me... 3A Lawmaster can't make any sounds like Mezco Lawmaster?
margaritas ante porcos

Dandontdare

well whenever I hold mine, there is an audible Brrrmm Brrm pew pew pew sound, but it's not coming from the toy...  :D

teckno viking

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 December, 2016, 09:18:33 PM
well whenever I hold mine, there is an audible Brrrmm Brrm pew pew pew sound, but it's not coming from the toy...  :D

hahahaha awesome.  TBH I never was smitten with Mezco doing sfx, so no loss 3A did not include it. Wish rear lights had been included though.

TheTooN

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 17 December, 2016, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: TheTooN on 17 December, 2016, 07:22:02 PM

The Toon, thanks to you I am now going to see if I can't get a similar diorama 3-D printed for me.

I missed this ! Let me know how it goes, the statue has been horizontal on a cushion for ages now, enjoying the base far too much to give it back so a copy would be awesome. Nudge nudge ;)

Quote from: teckno viking on 22 December, 2016, 09:56:06 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 December, 2016, 09:18:33 PM

hahahaha awesome.  TBH I never was smitten with Mezco doing sfx, so no loss 3A did not include it. Wish rear lights had been included though.

If 3A's had been without lights or sounds I'd have been fine, such a beautiful bike ! And lets be honest, we switch em on and go pew pew for a few seconds (and again when anyone will give you a chance) but after that do they ever go on again :lol:

Fiddling with my broken CB Dredd tonight, figured may as well have a good go at testing range of articulation as the replacement is coming. Other leg popped off the hip peg doing this pose but since I know how it fits together now it went back on without hassle. Used a flightstand here, piss poor quality cos its dark but shows you he can bust a move with some support. Almost managed to hide the stand (which is attached via double sided tape to his back), you can you just about see it next to his ankle. I'll re-do it when the sun next shows its face.

Anyone else notice the hands dont match up with the paint on the sleeves ? Was it just mine ?

This is a bust ! Nobody moves and no-ones gets hurt !

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

teckno viking

Awesome photo Scott.

As for lights on the Lawmaster, True as toyed putting wiring on my three custom scratch builds but chose not too. Either way a winning piece. Just still LOL  Though the signiture 5 LIGHT Front is certainly a site to behold.

That I have Three 3a Lawmasters with another enroute from CS and maybe more from other avenues ;)  Shows I like the bike as Money where my mouth is ;) 

Mardroid

QuoteI would not use anything metal ( scissors, tweezers ).

Fair point. I usually make sure these things are switched off before doing such fiddling though, so it does not draw current. At least I didn't think it did.

lincnash

Even piddly little batteries deserve "respect".
Especially after watching the vid Danto linked.

Excellent pic/pose Toon.
*CRASH*, Crime Swoop citizen, remain seated !.

Tony Angelino

I thought he was playing football in that photo.

Dandontdare

This morning I was getting concerned that Fear had still not arrived, so trawled through my e-mails to see if I'd had the tracking e-mail and then confirmed it had reached UK .... literally about ten minutes later, the postie knocked and there he was!

The box looked like it had been stood on and the blister pack was a bit crumpled, but on cursory examination, the contents seem fine - both wings attached! didn't have time to fully unwrap him yet though.

TordelBack

Quote from: TheTooN on 22 December, 2016, 10:46:32 PM

Cor!  Makes you wonder if a voice-activated Lawgiver in a boot holster isn't a darned good idea after all.