Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

TheTooN

He does like he's just taken a punt  :lol: Ta for the kind words folks, 3A have taken it a whole new level with these, incredible detail and pretty damned good articulation.

I'd love a few other random 1:12th Punk/Perp type figures to play around with Dredd. Dark Judges are so spindly I'ts like Russian Roulette putting them in action scenes.

Dreddzilla

So, is the helmet on Dredd adjustable at all or is it glued on pretty tight? I ask because I haven't opened any of my merch yet. (Waiting on my final order from BBTS before I open anything)

shaolin_monkey

So I got my Dredd and Lawmaster today.

Somehow, in error, I ordered the black and white version by mistake. Amazing though the models are, I wanted the colour versions.  As you can imagine, I'm very disappointed, and very cross at myself for making such a fundamental mistake.

So I have two questions:

Where can I buy the colour versions of Dredd and Lawmaster at the moment? Can anyone point me to a site that might still have them
In stock?

Does anyone want to buy a black and white Dredd and Lawmaster?

teckno viking

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 23 December, 2016, 07:12:52 PM
So I got my Dredd and Lawmaster today.

Somehow, in error, I ordered the black and white version by mistake. Amazing though the models are, I wanted the colour versions.  As you can imagine, I'm very disappointed, and very cross at myself for making such a fundamental mistake.

So I have two questions:

Where can I buy the colour versions of Dredd and Lawmaster at the moment? Can anyone point me to a site that might still have them
In stock?

Does anyone want to buy a black and white Dredd and Lawmaster?

If your looking for a UK seller, think probably will be after the Christmas season before more Comic/Scifi shops UK based will have them. Even BigBadToyStore in the US does not have them instock to go to customers yet :/

So enjoy Christmas and hopefully turn up after in shops, Does John's local or any others here have a local comic/scifi expecting them?

As for your order, that is truly a Drokkin shame not only the wait duration (Greg has stated on Legion Upto 4weeks with Bambaland orders to be delivered) but on your error the Comic version.

If your looking to shift it, I Could be tempted if you drop a PM :D  Don't mind a repaint to make it Standard and another to the Motorpool :D

teckno viking

Having a play with one of my 3A Dredd's. Testing my scratch built STUB GUN I did with him too as well as Lawgiver MKI shooting stances.

AWESOME But HEADS UP WARNING.  Do Not tr for double handed pistol use.  The arm pops out of the shoulder. Thought I had busted and was about to start stripping him but was able to Pop the arm right back into the shoulder socket. Bar trying that position NO issues with any of the positions shown below.

Just a matter of getting used to the limitations of articulation.

teckno viking

Oh as for the helmet cast (Mezco so far) these will be RESPIRATOR DOWN helmets once modding is done ;) So as Not to step on any toes :D

teckno viking

TheTooN

Cool pics mate, cant wait for Apocalypse Dredd and a Stub gun of very own...I shall hug it and squeeze it and call it George ;)

Merry Christmas to everyone, hope its a safe and a happy one.

Mardroid

Not entirely 3a, but I did this for the Advent Calendar.

Merry Christmas Creeps!

Getting the three figures out for this was the first time I've really compared the figures properly. (In order of appearance left to right - Marvel Legends Judge Dredd, Mezco Judge Dredd, and 3a Judge Dredd.)

Amusingly the Marvel one looks like a shabby crochety old man. You can  certainly see the upstage in quality when comparing him to the other two, but that's probably unfair as he was a much cheaper figure.

Mezco Dredd is certainly a nice figure with all his stuff, and places to put it etc, (and he looks like a power-house, which isn't a bad thing for Dredd) but aesthetically speaking I really think the 3a version looks the nicest.  And the 3a one can do the dance move high kicks better too!

I don't intend that as a knock on the Mezco version in any way. (I was amused that the Mezco version actually looks like he is really taking part grudgingly against his better judgement, and the Marvel version just looks wrecked. Heh.)

teckno viking

That's Great, Scott & Merry Christmas.

Mardroid, Awesome. Your missing the ReAction Dredd though and Anderson to complete the varied 1/12 Brands LOL
Though tbh the Hasbro Dredd is the One that I never got.

Yeah I think Mezco & 3A both have pro's & Con's but as said before I think 3A struck a cord with the UK & Internationals whilst Mezco struck a cord with US. Same with the Lawmasters, the amount of Yanks who pref the BIGGER Lawmaster over the Classic.

Both have strong points and Both are GREAT to own.

ted5536

Love the Stub-Gun going to have to try to build one also great idea. Also great 2000 AD holiday postcard material from Toon.

teckno viking

Thanks Ted5536.
Was easy enough to make one, then I was lucky enough to have Damon in the US 3D print two 1/12 versions of his 1/1 STUB Gun he does. Gives me Three :D

So yesterday was a little creative as not a chance getting time today what with Christmas Day and my Daughters Birthday.

So yesterday for my 4 ThreeA Lawmasters I have done 4 Storage units for the back of the Lawmasters. However I need make a shelf to hold the cases flat.
I used the same version jewelry boxes I did on my Scratch builds if anyone is interested.
Plus if electrical minded you could fit lighting and battery area in the storage case.

teckno viking

Also made four Leather scabbards for the ThreeA Lawmasters.
They have been dyed darker red.  FIxing them I'll hopefully do in the next day or so.

One thing however you cannot have the scabbards angled, it needs to be straight vertical. So I will be curious to see how ThreeA will add Scabbards to theirs for the rifles.

Also finally got around to finishing off the 1/12 3D printed STUB GUNS from Damon.

lincnash

Stub gun is looking awesome teckno  :)

Here is a group shot of the clones.

As for the inevitable comparisons:-
Re-Action = Great for its nostalgia value (the only 1 around for 15+ years !).
LCBH = Good "Marvel Legends" version of Dredd.
Mezco = Great modern "action figure" Dredd.
3A = awesome "pose-able" Dredd straight from the Postergraph.

They are all DROKKIN' excellent, they are all Dredd  :D.