Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

It's Labour FOUR, Conservatives TWO now, everybody else ZERO

COMMANDO FORCES

It's now Labour SIX, Conservatives THREE and DUP ONE, everyone else ZERO.

COMMANDO FORCES

Labour are pulling away (surely it's theirs for the taking) NINE, Conservatives FOUR, DUP THREE, Sinn Fein ONE, Social Democratic & Labour Party ONE and Ulster Unionist Party ONE. Everyone else ZERO.

Must say I'm impressed at the speed of counting over in Northern Ireland.

COMMANDO FORCES

Goodbye Douglas Alexander enjoy the wilderness :lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm bored now! Labour 24, SNP 16, Conservatives 15, blah, blah, blah!

Tjm86

Looking at the predictions now.  Tory majority.

Oh S***!

Loved Boris Johnson's - "People have rejected a return to the 1970's" line.  The rebuttal is clear: they've embraced a return to the 1870's.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: King Pops on 07 May, 2015, 10:14:17 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 May, 2015, 06:30:34 PM
Sorry guys, but i've experienced way to many instances if straught people claiming to be allys to the LGBT community only to make themselves look eligable for a sainthood from soneone. I know not all straight folk are like that, I shouldn't have to point tat out, i'm just sick of the (more than you think) arse holes who think where a fad that needs pandering to rather than being treated as humans.

OK, so could you please explain how denying someone's opinion on a subject based on their gender and sexuality is treating them like Human Beings?
Until straight people stop thinking that way neither shall LGBT people. Straight people are not an oppressed minority around the world, they have all the privileges we are often denied, don't get upset when we start to not give a fuck what you all think.

JamesC

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 08 May, 2015, 06:31:47 AM
Quote from: King Pops on 07 May, 2015, 10:14:17 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 07 May, 2015, 06:30:34 PM
Sorry guys, but i've experienced way to many instances if straught people claiming to be allys to the LGBT community only to make themselves look eligable for a sainthood from soneone. I know not all straight folk are like that, I shouldn't have to point tat out, i'm just sick of the (more than you think) arse holes who think where a fad that needs pandering to rather than being treated as humans.

OK, so could you please explain how denying someone's opinion on a subject based on their gender and sexuality is treating them like Human Beings?
Until straight people stop thinking that way neither shall LGBT people. Straight people are not an oppressed minority around the world, they have all the privileges we are often denied, don't get upset when we start to not give a fuck what you all think.

Shit attitude there mate - 'What you all think' - not at all constructive.

Back to the topic in hand. What a depressing result. I'm with Bear in that it seems a bit unbelievable.

The Legendary Shark

The WLBC villain who forcibly evicted me from my home of 27 years and stole the majority of my possessions didn't care that I'm straight. Nor did the police officers who dragged me away in handcuffs for the crime of refusing to open my front door and fabricated false charges of assault against me. The magistrates who ignored the evidence presented to them and saddled me with a false criminal record didn't care, either. The people at the food bank and others who have helped me out during my homelessness also don't care about my sexuality.
I don't deny that sexuality is used as an excuse for persecution and even murder around the world but then so is skin colour, religion,  politics and, as in my case, poverty.
To blame aspects of a person's life for their oppression is missing the point. It's the oppressors who are to blame, not aspects of the oppressed. No matter the person, no matter the location, no matter the excuse, it's the persecution itself that must be destroyed.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JamesC

Makes you wonder what would've happened had David Milliband been running the show.

The Legendary Shark

The same but with more red.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

NapalmKev

Another 5 Fucking Years? Well I certainly didn't vote for the Cunts so they can Fuck Off!*

Cheers

*I actually convinced myself that Labour were going to win with a Landslide. Poor deluded fool that I am thinking the British Public would want to keep the NHS!

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Hawkmumbler

I've already pointed out it's not all straight people, that should be obvious. So long as you check your privilege and are honest with yourself then by all means, so long as your not one of those types who believe you should deny medical treatment to LGBT folk for religious reasons then I don't care, just so long as your as nice a person as possible. I'm not angry with anyone in particular, just so very weary of having to legitimise my existence beyond my sexual preference.

The Legendary Shark

I wouldn't deny anyone medical treatment for any reason.
You don't have to legitimise your existence to anyone. You exist and that's that.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Quote from: NapalmKevAnother 5 Fucking Years? Well I certainly didn't vote for the Cunts so they can Fuck Off!

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.