Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE - FIRST STILL FROM DREDD!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 19 November, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbo

Quote from: Teivion on 20 November, 2010, 05:24:50 PM
Looks like there could be a touch of Green to the lawgiver?
I feel the lawgiver is a little too Halo-ish, it does need the semicircular dial IMHO.
Yeah,greenish tint on the sliding bit on top of the gun(don't know the proper name)
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 20 November, 2010, 05:29:40 PM
Quote from: Teivion on 20 November, 2010, 05:24:50 PM
Looks like there could be a touch of Green to the lawgiver?
I feel the lawgiver is a little too Halo-ish, it does need the semicircular dial IMHO.
Yeah,greenish tint on the sliding bit on top of the gun(don't know the proper name)

Is that not because the black of that exposed part of the gun is reflecting the properties of the bounced light that is hitting it from the surrounding walls etc. Wouldn't make sense to have a tinge of green on a all black gun that is designed to suit a uniform that looks entirely black.

Danbo

Looks to be slightly different? who knows,i know Glock do a two tone pistol in green and black so its possible.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/Glock%2027%20OD.JPG

Teivion

True- Cravenoir's photoshopping may have included increasing some extra hue's for the costumes look...

JOE SOAP

I can only say it looks black to me with with more light hitting it than the rest of the gun.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 20 November, 2010, 05:50:15 PM
Looks to be slightly different? who knows,i know Glock do a two tone pistol in green and black so its possible.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/images/Glock%2027%20OD.JPG

That's a pronounced difference though...and yes, as we're all thinking it by now, this Dredd photo is becoming the most examined/scrutinised in history.

Danbo

HAHA all part of the fun,looking again it looks different but it could be a case of mat black on the lower part of the gun and shiny gloss black or dull bare metal on the slider bit....or like you say Photoshop and im just giddy like a kid over this film.

Teivion

hah,
Yeh, knowing the pads weren't going to be in the frame, I always thought that it was going to be do-or-die when the pics came out.
This seems to hit the nail on the head.

Danbo

Brave gamble,could have back fired but than fudge it didn't,now elbow and knee pads? still must have em,right?

JOE SOAP

Maybe they're saving themselves from total annihilation for now by only showing him from the chest up, the biggest changes being below that line, especially the inevitable golden codpiece and glamrock boots.

Danbo

:o Aussie Judge style shorts and green crocs?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 20 November, 2010, 06:14:38 PM
Brave gamble,could have back fired but than fudge it didn't,now elbow and knee pads? still must have em,right?

Don't think they matter, if they're smart they'll have made the pads as integral parts of the gauntlets and boots with the jacket and bottoms having short sleeves and legs.

Steve Green

I'm expecting them to be similar to the shoulder pad, but black.

Leigh S

It doesnt seem too bad, though I cant see why they've swiped the Stallone chest armour and badge. The idea that in the future, armour wont have evoled to at least be a bit more slimline than that seems unlikely. It just makes the costume seem more unwieldy and impractical- well for 23 hour 50 minutes wear at least!

And get a shave!

Otherwise, the shoulder pad looks fine - maybe a tad smaller than I'd have gone - shrinking the pads as well as adding the chest bulk kind of ruins the shape a bit, making it seem a bit podgey.   

But overall, its an interesting take on things, even if it does sit in danger of kind of entering DC Dredd territory - that "almost" Dredd but not quite that you got from (usually) American artists unfamiliar with the character - especially with regards the stubble!   

Peter Wolf

I dont know what it is that is around Karl Urbans neck around the collar but it looks oversized and superfluous so it needs to be got rid of.

Does anyone know what its meant to be ?

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death