Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE - FIRST STILL FROM DREDD!

Started by Cyber-Matt, 19 November, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

Apart from it looking like she's got a bogey hanging off her nose, she looks very Boo Cook Andersony.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Peter Wolf

I cant get used to the look of Olivia Thirby as i have the Brian Bolland archetype Anderson stuck in my mind but the choice of Lena Headey is a good one so no complaints at all there.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

That is good Anderson.  Very much a Boo Cook/David Roach mash-up.  Y'know, I think I'm going to enjoy this.

Michaelvk

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 12 January, 2011, 06:22:30 PM

# The impression I get is that this film will be heavy on the gore factor would that be fair?

Absolutely. The movie is definitely of the 1980's Predator and Robocop gore vibe. I've seen some pretty decent nastyness that would make Paul Verhoeven proud.

Quote# The weaponry in the 95 version were ridiculously too big perhaps someone overcompensating -I take it that isnt the case in this movie?

The weaponry we designed are of believable proportions. It has to look like it works. A lot of the design features are there for an actual reason. It serves two purposes. To make it look real as well as aid with between shot maintenance. We don't like having a multi million dollar crew wait for us. The only place where we indulged (but still stayed within the realms of practical reality, more of which when pics are exposed), was in the three weapons we shot over the previous two days. They had to be absolute evil monsters of weapons.. They still ended up being handled like their real counterparts.

Quote#Do we see a grand view of Mega City One not just in close up?

As far as I know there are a few wide shots of MC1, along with some street level chase shots. However as MC1 as a whole is not the focus of this movie, there will be quality over quantity.. The VFX guys, from what I've heard, have been at work on this as long as I have (June 2010), possibly longer. But I can only guess about what they're up to, but if everything else is anything to go by, then MC1 will be treated properly. There will also be some nice establishing shots of the halls of justice too.

[/quote]
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Michaelvk on 12 January, 2011, 07:52:08 PMThere will also be some nice establishing shots of the halls of justice too.

Any hint on what they'll look like?

COMMANDO FORCES

How many mags will the pair of them have on them and how many rounds does each mag hold?
I ask this so I can sit down with the Bluray (when it comes out) and count all the shots fired and see if it tallies up  ;)

JOE SOAP

I believe they had a bullet count in the Way of the Gun (2000), plenty of reloading in that flick.

doggettX

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 January, 2011, 07:58:32 PM
Quote from: Michaelvk on 12 January, 2011, 07:52:08 PMThere will also be some nice establishing shots of the halls of justice too.

Any hint on what they'll look like?

I hope its eagle shaped....

Michaelvk

Joe, like the halls of justice would be my best bet (i.e. your guess is as good as mine..)

Commando.. Don't get me started on that one.. But in my mind the magazine in the grip would possibly be 18-20 and the forward magazine would be 5 rounds per munition, but that's all editing and story determined. Don't expect Invasion USA 500 round Uzi style magazines.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Michaelvk

Quote from: Krombasher on 12 January, 2011, 07:40:49 PM
Apart from it looking like she's got a bogey hanging off her nose, she looks very Boo Cook Andersony.

Be nice, She's a lovely girl, and even remembered who I was after the xmas break

doggettX

QuoteAs far as I know there are a few wide shots of MC1, along with some street level chase shots. However as MC1 as a whole is not the focus of this movie, there will be quality over quantity..

So are there a few thoughts about the next movie ?

Street level action ?

Michaelvk

Quote from: doggettX on 12 January, 2011, 08:10:04 PM

I can only guess that we have to see how well this one does before they decide on the next one. There is talk of a franchise, but it's too early to tell. But with the creative team behind this show, along with the cast, I can't really see why it wouldn't do well enough to warrant a sequel or two. It's a classic character introduction movie, allowing for expansion of the universe in the future, instead of trying to do everything all at once..

Street level action ?

We built bikes, didn't we?  ;)

vzzbux

Quote from: Michaelvk on 12 January, 2011, 08:16:29 PM
Quote from: doggettX on 12 January, 2011, 08:10:04 PM

I can only guess that we have to see how well this one does before they decide on the next one. There is talk of a franchise, but it's too early to tell. But with the creative team behind this show, along with the cast, I can't really see why it wouldn't do well enough to warrant a sequel or two. It's a classic character introduction movie, allowing for expansion of the universe in the future, instead of trying to do everything all at once..

Street level action ?

We built bikes, didn't we?  ;)
There is nothing but positives coming from this, and I like it a lot.
Thanks for all the insider news Michaelvk and keep up the good work.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

radiator

QuoteHe was the guy who had designed the new OS they were about to launch at the start of the movie.

He is also the son of the David Warner baddie character from the original Tron - I got the impression that they were setting him up as the would be villain in Tron 3 if it ever gets made.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Apologies if this has been said before I just popped on over to the Hero Concept Art Facebook page and they have a Photo Album entitled "Dreddful Album" and within the few photos is what appears to be a full scale U-Boat.  A red herring perhaps ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb