Main Menu

Can we have some polls please?

Started by paulvonscott, 08 April, 2002, 07:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Hi Wake

I know I've asked before but I think they could be good.  You could have a link to a polls page from the message board, next to the chat button.

For the format, you can visit www.atariage.com to see what I mean, there is one on the right hand size.  they wouldn't be two hard to do surely?  Quite useful for market research for Rebellion too maybe?

Polls I would like are:

"Have you ever submitted a Future Shock?" (Just a yes/no answer for this)

"How old are you" (with age groups)

"When did you start reading 2000AD" (by year)

And all the other usual stuff, some silly some informtive.  You could get posters to suggest some if it's the actual ideas that are the problem.

Cheer

Paul

Wake

Okay...you've conviced me. I'll work on having online polls. I don't need 'how old are you?' though, since most people have given their birthdate.

What I may do is allow people to create their own polls (this would be limited to anyone with a profile page to stop it being a free for all).

Pester me again in a week if nothing has happened.

Wake

paulvonscott

Ah you already have your secret information, I see.

No seriously, thanks, that would be great, much appreciated.  Just something else to do on the site i thought.

I have a profile page, but how do I put anything on it?  As a professional irritant I am paulvonscott and have filled in the profile.  But on my fan fiction I am paul scott and don't seem to have a profile.

Thread Zero

PVS,
Your lists on your fan profile page are too long.
Your sentences are cut off in mid sentence!

Just in case you never knew.

Maybe you could do them again. Abbreviate them.

scojo

Wake

Actually, I've just removed the limit, so he can replace the missing bits instead.

Wake

paulvonscott

Yes, Wake calls them ramblings.  

I prefer to call them my exponations upon merely some of the many fascinating topics I have showed preference for in my life so far.  By life I mean...

Er... yes, what Wake said, ramblings.

Well I might stick some pictures up.  I may rewrite the whole thing.  It's a lot of exposure for someone who has written two small stories on a fan website which 5 or 6 people have said they 'quite liked'.

Thread Zero

They were good Paul.

When is the third one going to appear?

Perhaps it could feature the Angel Gang.

scojo

paulvonscott

Well Scojo, who can say?  

If loads of people say they like them I'd do more.  

I can't imagine doing an Angel Gang one, despite the fact I'd quite like to.  I felt pretty lazy doing the An Appointment with Death (which I should have called (Game of Death).  At least with Natural Born Victims I created my own characters.

Anyway there is a picture on my profile page now.  The only one that is currently declassified (though not decontaminated).