Main Menu

Linda Smith

Started by simon, 01 March, 2006, 07:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon

it's a shame she's gone to Valhalla...a very funny person indeed..

Simon

Mr D

Glad there's a seperate thread... if got glided past on the RIP thread. Very funny lady indeed, and a real loss.

House of Usher

Jeremy Hardy paid tribute to her on Channel 4 news last night. As someone who doesn't get a chance to listen to the radio very often, I only knew her from her appearances on Room 101 and probably Have I Got News For You. She put me in mind of Jeremy Hardy on those occasions.

I bet she was funny.
STRIKE !!!

The Amstor Computer

I noticed your post in the RIP thread, Mr D, though I didn't comment at the time. I always enjoyed listening to or watching her & it's sad to note how young she was when she died.

longmanshort

There's a glowing tribute by Mark Steel in today's Independent. I shall miss her appearences on The News Quiz, her jokes were always cutting and the last time she was on the show she had me and the other half in stitches ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Proudhuff

It is a shame you always knew some pompous prig was going to get it when she was around

huff
DDT did a job on me

DavidXBrunt

It was in the R.I.P. thread twice, along with Lou Gish. Easy to tell who's killfiled me.

Tiplodocus

I was lucky enough to work with her a couple of times. She was as nice as she was funny.  Particularly enjoyed watching her turn the "Get your tits out" cries from a room full of stag parties into embarrassed silence and then uproarious laughter. Shame.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

petemaskreplica

One of the best comedians in the country IMO, and a a very sad loss. it's a very poor reflection on us all that her death isn't getting nearly as much attention as it would if she'd been on telly. :(

Adrian Bamforth

I was never quite decided upon her as a comedienne and satirist, funny and brilliantly clever of course though satire can make people seem a bit smug after a while, as if they could do a better job...

...but coincidentally a couple of days ago I noticed on the British Humanist Association website that she was their president, which settled the matter and raised my view of her - it was good to see she was putting her money where her mouth is and making a stand for the positive influence of humanism and non-religiousness. Here's to Linda!

ADE

Adrian Bamforth

Link: http://www.humanism.org.uk/site/cms/" target="_blank">Humanist Association Tribute