Main Menu

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave! by Pat Mills

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 20 May, 2017, 09:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Only 234,356 pages!   :D

I'll bet that this is a fun, if one-sided, read - can't wait!

Colin YNWA

It'll be an interesting read no doubt. But we do have a pretty clear view of the Millsian history of the Galaxy's Greatest.

sheridan

So (sub-)editor-wise ('coz Tharg's always been the actual editor, hasn't he) we've got books by David Bishop, Steve MacManus with this one by Pat Mills and isn't there another one being worked on as well?

Steve Green

Richard Burton maybe, might have been mentioned in the ECBT2000AD interview?

I always wish we'd heard more from Kelvin Gosnell.

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 20 May, 2017, 10:38:55 AM
Richard Burton maybe, might have been mentioned in the ECBT2000AD interview?

I always wish we'd heard more from Kelvin Gosnell.

Yep, that sounds right.  What's Kelvin up to these days?  His wikipedia page is inconclusive.

GordonR

Check out that truly scrotnig cover.  It's absolutely what you'd want to use for a comic writer writing about his comics career to a readership of comics fans.

sheridan

Hopefully just a placeholder cover - the design looks like it should have 'Dianetics' written somewhere.

TordelBack

Be great if there was a foreword which was just a new page of Slaine.

GordonR

Quote from: sheridan on 20 May, 2017, 12:39:28 PM
Hopefully just a placeholder cover - the design looks like it should have 'Dianetics' written somewhere.

Ha.  I was thinking more David Icke. 

But, yeah, both definitely in the same ballpark.

Richard

Interesting! I thought his Read 'Em and Weep series was going to be as close as we'd get to this, but a fictionalised version of it. Glad to see he's going to do it properly. Looking forward to it.

JOE SOAP

It'll initially be released as an e-book before it gets physical. Maybe it will get a better cover for paper publication.

Leigh S

Interesting! I think Pat has pretty much had his say over the years, so I don't expect any major revelations, but I look forward to a physical copy of this, if only for Pat's own version of events being accessible in the one book  - CREDO!  might have been a better (or at least snappier) title though!

Can't see why anyone would be against this - I'd personally love to see a Burton/McKenzie book, despite (perhaps because) my thoughts on their tenure. I think we all know Pat and the other figures well enough to make our own minds up - the more versions of events, the better,even when they conflict.

A nice Kev cover wouldn't go amiss....

JUDGE BURNS

Looking forward to reading the original Tharg's view after seeing Pat on the VDV story of 2000AD. Hopefully he has this available for his Glasgow signing on the 30th june  :-)

James Stacey

Well it will be the first sharp and punchy thing Pat has written in years if that quote is true.