Main Menu

Prog 2277 - Dredd Reckoning!

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 April, 2022, 07:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

"Dredd Reckoning"... that's gotta have been used before... right... surely...

Anyway once I accept that Intestinauts is that good this review pretty much copy and pastes from last week. A smidge up here, a smidge down there but essentially a F**KIN' AMAZING COMIC.

Dredd - This one blast into action to slap us out of the intrigue by sheer force of will. But its there... its there... we just don't really know quite what... made this one could become something very good...

Brink is utterly brilliant. A chat and then a walk and talk has never been this good or this creepy and this effective in the context of this or any other tale. This is just utterly magnificent. I also really want Dabnett and INJ to find a way to delve into the past at some point and find a story that expands upon the original building of the Habs - that's a bloody great story in there somewhere... for now though this will more than bloody do.

Hope YIKES - I mean this is just hard boiled set up but its bloody effective hard boiled setup. Simply fantastic. That grin creep the sh*te out of me!

Intestinauts I mean its just really, really good fun isn't it and 'War of the Fatberg' next prog under the image of Bowelbots dropping in - who doesn't want to read that right!

Fiends I think I've worn out my '!' key so so its a good drop that Fiends, while excellent is probably a tiny bit down on last weeks absolutely supreme episode... then that final panel "Shhh now. Do not fret child. Let me fetch my thread, sew and mend, then together we will have our vengenance..." just chuffin' wonderful! (one more it would seem)

Absolutely cracking 5 for 5 prog this one.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Woolly

Alas I'm not a subscriber anymore, so I'll have to wait till Wednesday, BUT... isn't that a massive spoiler in the cover tagline?

M.I.K.

Tecnically, any shock involving even one Dredd is a "clone cop shock".

Richard

BPP

Great, now I'm singing Rico to the tune of Biko.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

A good prog with a great cover. Yes another fiver.

Dredd – Action, we want action as the full set of Dredds blast everything and everyone out of their way. So far nothing truly shocking has been revealed but it has only two episodes now to reveal everything. Wagner is keeping his cards close to his chess and Cornwell is becoming a great artist.

Brink – A lot of the politics and the real way the Brink operators are revealed to us, and we are taken into the darkness of the "underground". We hear whispers in the dark. A fascinating and intriguing episode.

Hope – The plot and the case are now known to us and the word "creepy as hell" does feel a tad underwhelmed on what happened. A promise of a secret as the reward for our detective. Jimmy does an excellent job on how the panels are layout especially with the use of the reel to tell us the background story.

Intestinauts – Well more interesting new "bots" are popping up – a pamphlet is used to explain how they operate. So, we now know why our little heroes cannot phone home as the last page blast into a full out "invasion".

Fiends – Full out fight as our heroes try to stay in the fight and the only way forward is to retreat. Another exciting episode with the plot not really moving forward but we can witness Tiernen's excellent art.

The Corinthian

It's a bit confusing following which Dredd is which, especially as [spoiler]Semper's scar[/spoiler] isn't visible in a couple of key panels and [spoiler]the gun he picks up doesn't look all that distinctive - unless this is supposed to be a clue, because it's keyed to a Sov palm print and he's actually one of them.[/spoiler]

I'm also a bit perplexed as to why Brigand Doom gets called a "terrorist" in inverted commas in Brimful..., when that's literally what he is. Granted he turns into more of a "let the punishment fit the crime"-type ruthless avenger in later serials but he kills hundreds of innocent people in his first story.

Southstreeter

Quote from: The Corinthian on 13 April, 2022, 06:15:38 PM
It's a bit confusing following which Dredd is which, especially as [spoiler]Semper's scar[/spoiler] isn't visible in a couple of key panels and [spoiler]the gun he picks up doesn't look all that distinctive - unless this is supposed to be a clue, because it's keyed to a Sov palm print and he's actually one of them.[/spoiler]
I read the story and thought 'pity the other Dredd hasn't got a scar so we can tell them apart.' It was only after seeing your comment that I realised he does have!.

broodblik

broodblik

Alternative background coloring for the cover:

broodblik

Another alternative background coloring for the cover:

broodblik

Richard

Where was that Ezquerra published?