Main Menu

Nemesis the Early Heresies

Started by Tjm86, 03 September, 2019, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Okay, so quick show of hands, how many of us are able to resist the latest sumptuous hardback reprint of the first 4 Nemesis books?

::)

Frank

The repro doesn't appear to suffer from the same problems as usually expected from the IPC film archive. Original prog-size, too. Limited edition of 250 (English language):

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB682

With an introduction by Pat Mills and afterword by Kevin O'Neill, this volume includes the stories:

Terror Tube (2000 AD Prog 167),

Killer Watt (2000 AD Prog 178)

Nemesis the Warlock Books 1-4 :

- The World of Termight (2000 AD Prog s 238-240, 243-244)

- The Alien Alliance (2000 AD Prog 246-257)

- The World of Nemesis (2000 AD Progs 335-349)and

- The Gothic Empire (2000 AD Prog  387-406)

Plus :

The Sword Sinister (2000 AD Sci-Fi Special 1981) and

The Secret Life of the Blitzsper (2000 AD Annual 1983).

IndigoPrime

Tempting, even though I already own the Hachette volume. ARGH. Why do you do this to me, Tharg?

Robin Low

... and bought... along with the limited edition Dr. Mesmer Hardback.

I was supposed to be saving money...

... but the rest can't come too soon.

Regards,

Robin

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 September, 2019, 06:56:38 PM
Tempting, even though I already own the Hachette volume. ARGH. Why do you do this to me, Tharg?

What with the problems that the Ultimate Collection has had and some of the ropey repro on the B&W stuff in the Dredd collection my decision not to bother with Hachette. 

Of course I'm going to go and find that record player of mine that keeps sticking:  more limited edition hardbacks please Rebellion.  Stront would be very high on my list ...

Max Headroom

Will there be a series of these Nemesis books or is this just a one off of the first few stories?

IndigoPrime

As directed by Mr S Green earlier, I discovered Tharg said – as ever – it depends on how many people open their wallets.

broodblik

Quote from: Max Headroom on 03 September, 2019, 07:25:29 PM
Will there be a series of these Nemesis books or is this just a one off of the first few stories?

Accordingly 2000 Shop page this is the first volume: "Developed in conjunction with 2000 AD's French publisher Delirium, there are only 250 English language copies of this limited edition English-language hardcover edition of the first volume of The Complete Nemesis the Warlock, written by Pat Mills with art by Kevin O'Neill, Jesus Redondo, and Bryan Talbot."

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB682
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

Ordered. Pefect timing! Had a job bring in a lot more cash than expected, and just did a Nemesis re-read and really felt the need for a better copy than my Casefiles. Chance of colour for the Book III centrespreads?

I, Cosh

Weird. I thought this was only in a French.
We never really die.

jabish

I was literally only thinking why have they not done Nemesis in a Mek Files format and what do you know? Well I've pulled the trigger. There'll be a Nemesis Vol. 1 paperback for sale soon!

COMPLETELY agree on the Strontium Dog Idea. That stunning Carlos art in a bigger format? Yes please.

JB

IndigoPrime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 03 September, 2019, 08:10:16 PM
It is – except for this limited 250-book run in English.

Colin YNWA

Yeah so did I - I'm kinda hoping this one sells out quickly to remove the temptation!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 September, 2019, 09:02:39 PM

Yeah so did I - I'm kinda hoping this one sells out quickly to remove the temptation!

Well careful what you wish for - its gone!

jabish

That was quick! Really glad I got mine so. Hope this uptake means they'll give the same treatment to the other two volumes. I'm guessing it depends if French sales also? If they do them it means that we might get the prog 2000 story and they might also move the Chris Weston story to the right place in the volume rather than at the back.

I'd be crazy to wish for the Deadlock solo story in there too but it is a kind of epilogue to book x and wouldn't it be nice to see that Henry Flint art in a big format?