Main Menu

Dreddverse Map

Started by Funt Solo, 16 January, 2021, 01:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

By my reckoning, every strip that's been set in the Dreddverse...

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

I'm not seeing anything? But that could be me as I'm having all sorts of problems seeing images on the page at the moment?

alphadogau

Excellent work !
Would you consider adding:
Flesh
The Dead Man
Strontium Dog
Rogue Trooper ?
Are we there yet?

Dark Jimbo

Funt, you continue to be the hero this board needs (but probably doesn't deserve).
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: alphadogau on 16 January, 2021, 07:10:32 AM
Excellent work !
Would you consider adding:
Flesh
The Dead Man
Strontium Dog
Rogue Trooper ?

Is there a rouge trooper -> dreddverse connection?

I'm assuming the Flesh connection is Satanus - but doesn't that then end up pulling in the entire Millsverse as that's then connected to ABC Warriors->Nemesis->Savage->RoBusters. None of which really feels like Dreddverse to me.

IndigoPrime

The Fr1day incarnation of Rogue Trooper ends up in MC1 during Casualties of War, which inferred that world was Dredd's future (in much the same way Strontium Dog is Dredd's future). But there are all kinds of slight connections to other strips, some of which are extremely tenuous (such as Robo-Hunter being in Brit-Cit, albeit one significantly different from what we see elsewhere).

Things are further complicated by references to MC1 in Mills's output, and with the Hammerstein crossover; but then it feels like with his Langley-era strips that Mills has ret-conned Ro-Busters and ABC Warriors out of its original continuity and into a distinct one of its own.

The Dead Man should definitely be in the Cursed Earth list, mind.

TordelBack

Does Chopper need an additional entry for Mega-City 2?

And am I missing Satanus Unchained?

This is lovely, and a surprisingly good memory-jogger.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 January, 2021, 11:22:07 AM
(in much the same way Strontium Dog is Dredd's future)

More accurately, Dredd is Strontium Dog's past. The way time has been demonstrated to work in Dredd continuity means that although Dredd exists in SD's past timeline, it doesn't automatically follow that SD is the future of Dredd's timeline. The timelines can diverge at any point post-Judgement Day, setting Dredd's future on a different path from the one that results in the SD universe.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Yeah—that. Really, it's obviously just John Wagner having fun with his toys, but Dredd has compared to many other strips (*cough*constant Marvel/DC reboots*cough*) been fairly tight from a continuity standpoint. Looks like from the dates we have, this might need addressing in 2028, assuming 2000 AD still exists then, and assuming the editor at that point gives a crap about extreme nerds. (Strontium Dog states a massive nuclear war occurs in 2150. Dredd is currently set in 2143.)

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's arse about such connections. I see them as fun asides rather than anything to worry about—alt dimension shenanigans. After all, we don't feel compelled to roll in Batman's entire continuity into Dredd, and then by extension the entire DC universe (or at least one of them). Do we?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 January, 2021, 11:46:44 AM
I see them as fun asides rather than anything to worry about—alt dimension shenanigans. After all, we don't feel compelled to roll in Batman's entire continuity into Dredd, and then by extension the entire DC universe (or at least one of them). Do we?

No, but that's explicitly an alternate dimension story, rather than a time travel one, although the distinction between an alternate dimension and an alternate timeline is a pretty fuzzy one.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 January, 2021, 12:01:26 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 January, 2021, 11:46:44 AM
I see them as fun asides rather than anything to worry about—alt dimension shenanigans. After all, we don't feel compelled to roll in Batman's entire continuity into Dredd, and then by extension the entire DC universe (or at least one of them). Do we?

No, but that's explicitly an alternate dimension story, rather than a time travel one, although the distinction between an alternate dimension and an alternate timeline is a pretty fuzzy one.

Yeah, and that's the key - when I read 'time travel' in the Rogue/Stront/Dredd crossovers, I just fudge that in my head to 'dimensional travel' and hey presto!*

*Although the first Dredd/Stront crossover makes great - and explicit - use of time travel shenanigans as an integral part of the plot!
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Ohhh that's pretty - work VPN allows me to see the images again firmly pointing my problem to our ISP Talktalk and I've popped to their forum to get some advice - anyway that isjust wonderful.

Following on from IndigoPrime's comment is it worth having a box for crossovers, so say Dredd Bats, Dredd Aliens, Dredd Predator etc etc.

Also listing Daily Dredd's under the Judge Dredd box? Entirely your perogative cos this is simply magnificent as it is.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 January, 2021, 07:03:54 AM
I'm not seeing anything? But that could be me as I'm having all sorts of problems seeing images on the page at the moment?

Imgur's having issues - I can't see any images posted here and the imgur homepage is just empty frames

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 January, 2021, 12:10:47 PM
Ohhh that's pretty - work VPN allows me to see the images again firmly pointing my problem to our ISP Talktalk and I've popped to their forum to get some advice - anyway that is just wonderful.

Or this could be it - let me know if you get a fix as I'm on talktalk too

Dandontdare

update - changing my VPN to USA seems to work - looks like its a problem with Imgur for UK users

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 16 January, 2021, 02:59:21 PM
update - changing my VPN to USA seems to work - looks like its a problem with Imgur for UK users

Yeah just had a reply to my post on the Talktalk forums and they say it happens every year and gets fixed, but aside from changing things like going onto a VPN (or different one) your knacked until they do Maybe a compnay as big as Imgur (Are Imgur big?) forget to update their Certificates (or whatever) the same as everyone else!

Anyway back on topic - that map is still astonishing huh.