Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Anderson Psi-Division vs. Hunted Round 2 Heat 10

Started by Colin YNWA, 24 January, 2022, 06:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well if Week 1 was a gentle phasing in of quality from Round 1 with some pretty ropey ties, Week 2 hits us right between the eyes with the other end of things. This is the week that if I'd been feeling a little fast and loose with the draw I could have opened with. There's some mouth watering ties and some decisions that will make your eyes water. THIS is what Round 2 is all about...

The first of the really big, premier league thrills for me. Anderson might struggle to get to the semi's but must have a decent chance of a Quarter Final spot? Hunted is a great new trill, but will need to pull out all the stops to progress against this giant of the Prog? :

Anderson Psi Divison - more info

Vs

Hunted - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 27th January  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

rogue69

abelardsnazz

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Magnetica

AlexF

There have to be some one-sided affairs when you let all the thrills in to play... and this is surely one of them.
Anderson, Psi Division has been home to some of the single best stories of all time, even if there have been some duds in there as well. And my gosh, the art. Gargarax and Vernon D'Arque are the stuff of joyous nightmares. And that Tula Lotay cover is a whole other kind of dream.

Hunted is not terrible but it's the least of the Rogue Trooper spin-offs.

Anderson, Psi Division.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 24 January, 2022, 09:25:17 AM
There have to be some one-sided affairs when you let all the thrills in to play...

Wait until Week 7. There's a tie there so mismatched even FA Cup analogies won't support it. Its like Liverpool FC playing my sons teams of 10 year olds!

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 January, 2022, 09:29:00 AM
Quote from: AlexF on 24 January, 2022, 09:25:17 AM
There have to be some one-sided affairs when you let all the thrills in to play...

Wait until Week 7. There's a tie there so mismatched even FA Cup analogies won't support it. Its like Liverpool FC playing my sons teams of 10 year olds!

Looks like Liverpool will be knocked-out then :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

I appreciated that Hunted finally gave motivation to the TG for the actions they took ([spoiler]they were aware of the Hit alien threat, and wanted to reinforce what they saw as the stronger side so that humanity would be prepared for them[/spoiler]) but it's no contest and Anderson, Psi Division walks it easily.

JayzusB.Christ

They haven't all been great, but some of them really were, so Anderson sails through.  Also, Brett Ewins' Anderson was quite pleasing to the eye during my formative years.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"