Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: I love supplements

Started by broodblik, 27 April, 2022, 04:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

If you are one of those people that gets the Judge Dredd Megazine then you will know what the floppy is. So, what is it what the floppy should contain:
-   I like it as it is: new material, reprint material and miscellaneous material (like the encyclopedia)
-   Only new material and reprint please
-   Only new material please
-   Only reprint material
-   Only miscellaneous material
-   Drop the idea I am cheap, and I want to pay less
-   I can remember the days when it was either 5¼-inch or 3½-inch
-   Goodness gracious me I must have lived under a rock did not even know there is a Judge Dredd
        Megazine
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

I love the variety. The only thing that bugs me is when stuff that was in the Prog a couple of years ago (see you Hookjaw) pop up. But love most the stuff, even when I don't need to read it so

I like it as it is: new material, reprint material and miscellaneous material (like the encyclopedia

broodblik

I also love the variety and I would like reprints to be mostly outside the prog and meg. Any reprints in my book should be at least 10 years or older
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

GoGilesGo

I like it as it is:

pretty fun pot luck every month: it's great having the encyclopedia in chapters but I also love having the DeMarco PI and the Judge Manners stories complete in collected mini editions.

Aaron A Aardvark

I suppose I like the mixture but leaning towards new stuff now, as the reprints are getting a bit desperate.

So only new material but I assume that's the most expensive option. So, no chance.

Magnetica

I generally don't have time to read it, especially if it's a 2nd or 3rd tier thrill I've read before. New content or non 2000AD reprint is what I would prefer.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

rogue69

I like it as it is: new material, reprint material and miscellaneous material (like the encyclopedia)

AlexF

I like the mix of stuff as it is, pot luck of all sorts. It's one of the main reasons I still get the Meg in hard copy, not digital, so I can have easy access to reprints of lesser-loved thrills.

Barrington Boots

Only new material and reprint gets my vote - absolutely zero interest in stuff like the encyclopedia. I would prefer the reprints to be older stuff: non-Prog reprints can be enough to tempt me into buying the Meg just for them..
You're a dark horse, Boots.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Keep it as it is. While the encyclopedia and the current Hawk The Slayer thing do absolutely nothing for me, I'm sorry to say, I like that it's a 'lucky dip'. While I could easily dig out the recent Hookjaw progs, I'm strangely looking forward to suddenly having a collected edition of sorts to peruse one rainy afternoon.

I should say 'non-prog reprint only please', because I have everything related to 2000AD upstairs in boxes and doubling up with limited space and only a couple of decades of life left seems stupid... but I really don't care. And sometimes, being "forced" to read complete strips ends in unexpected love blossoming (see Atavar, Outlier, etc).

SBT

Timothy

I generally like it as it is. My only complaint would be the encyclopaedia which, while interesting in parts, did drag on for an awfully long time.

Magnetica

I ended up not reading the encyclopaedia after the first couple.

I just didn't find it that interesting and it ended up being a poor advert for the actual product. Compared to something like Thrillpower Overload it was just a bit dull.

Proudhuff

-   I can remember the days when it was either 9¼-inch or 8½-inches...not to mention the Girth and Heft.

That sounds like a Grennie droid duo..
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

What is you supplement you have until Wednesday?