Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Ant Wars vs. Mayflies Round 3 Heat 2

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 May, 2022, 06:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well a very significant week in the tournament as we enter Round 3 after the seemingly unending Round 2. We're down to the last 128 thrills and from here the quality will step up, the choices start to get harder. But the lovely thing about this round is there is still plenty of room for mis-matches...

Like this one. Titanic ants in what now must be unarguably GFD's greatest work (ahem); Ant Wars having taken out Cal-Hab Justice and then Zancudo in a one-sided local derby. While the short lived Mayflies has only had to buzz past Detonator X and the derided Wireheads. Who will triumph in this clash of the insects?

Ant Wars - more info

Vs

Mayflies - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 12th May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

abelardsnazz

IndigoPrime

Mayflies certainly has potential, but it's done relatively little so far. I'm not an Ant Wars fan, but it more or less wins this for me by default.

Barrington Boots

I'm with IP on this: Ant Wars is alright, but can't really see how it can't be better than Mayflies which has been just two episodes, months apart. And doesn't have any giant ants in it.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 May, 2022, 08:30:36 AM
Mayflies certainly has potential, but it's done relatively little so far. I'm not an Ant Wars fan, but it more or less wins this for me by default.

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 09 May, 2022, 08:49:47 AM
I'm with IP on this: Ant Wars is alright, but can't really see how it can't be better than Mayflies which has been just two episodes, months apart. And doesn't have any giant ants in it.

Pretty sure you both actually mean 'cos its GFD's best work for Tharg?

Blue Cactus

Who knows how or if Mayflies will develop, but for now it's Ant Wars.

Aaron A Aardvark

Ant Wars

Both insects but not a fair fight as Mayflies has lots of potential but it's all potential while Ant Wars has that sweet nostalgia hit.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

AlexF

After worrying this Round was going to be a puzzler with every heat, it's an easy win for Ant Wars.
Like someone said, there are no giant ants in Mayflies, Grennie should look into that.

broodblik

Quote from: AlexF on 09 May, 2022, 10:21:22 AM
Like someone said, there are no giant ants in Mayflies, Grennie should look into that.

Not Grennie's job rather mister Proteus Vex's job
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Good point! I forget that other people are allowed to play in the Rogue Trooper sandpit.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

However good Mayflies may or may not end up being, Ant Wars is at this moment superior. Because it is GIANT KILLER ANTS TAKING OVER THE WORLD! And ain't nothing better than that. Can I get an Amen?

SBT