Main Menu

Prog 2281 - Guilt Trip

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 May, 2022, 09:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Back to the Prog proper and a shift in line-up. Not a massive one, but enough to feel the difference.

Dredd Niemand and Foster return to Asher, the ex-Titan con. Who while working on a cleaning duty, see some slack judging that could be indicitive of much more. Its a gloriously steady start with the first twist of tension, this one will be getting much tighter I suspect.

Brink a police interview, Maslow calls HSD bluff and Bardot pays a price. dpesn't sound much but its brilliant.

Hope more interviews, more insights into 'Hollywoods' underbelly, more dark consequences - see above.

Dexter this thrill might be suffering from choppy scheduling, might be being trampled under it ambition being stifled but openers like this, with its grim forboding allow us to at least see the potential that we lost. Great episode.

Fiends Ouch! Its all chains and poking and burning and nasty... see above.

Swerty

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Bah. Nowt here yet. Looks fab too.

The Monarch

lovely tribute to garry leach from rufus dayglo as well

broodblik

A good prog after the regen prog. I can feel the shift as a new Dredd starts and Bulletopia returns

Dredd – A good start and a welcome return of Asher. The setup is done, and Dredd and Asher are heading for a full head on collision.

Brink – This episode almost serves as a catch-up, a slow in hail and then continue to breath as the last page ramps it up again. Good stuff

Hope – This episode is almost mimicking same path Brink took by having the whole episode concentrating on the interview and then wham a cliffhanger on the last page. Good stuff

Dexter – The Bulletopia saga started way back in prog 2184 (2020) running now for basically 22 episodes over 8 chapters using 3 artists.  I just wish we can have a longer running episode count rather than Sin/Dex is used as a filler. Ooh I forgot the episode was good and I am enjoying this arc much more than the previous ones (before Bullet)

Fiends – The enemy has introduced himself and Constanta is in a real pickle. The dream sequence was well done which also gives us more back story. Edginton is adding more twists for us too the layers of intrigue. Great stuff

broodblik

Bad City Blue

"Keep your nose clean."

Harsh, Dredd... harsh.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

broodblik

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I *think* that's the first prog this year that I've read straight through, cover to cover, without skipping anything or feeling that a particular strip doesn't justify its inclusion.

5 great stories, all hugely entertaining in their own way. Top stuff, Tharg.

SBT

Jacqusie

Quote from: broodblik on 11 May, 2022, 09:03:36 AM
B/W Cover:

Does that B&W cover make anyone else want to see this story in glorious monochrome? I have seen some other snippets of this story in black and white which shows off the wonderful linework of Tom Foster, the colours for me don't really do it justice and muddy it all a bit sadly

norton canes

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 11 May, 2022, 02:57:28 PM
5 great stories, all hugely entertaining in their own way. Top stuff, Tharg

Yep, that just about sums it up perfectly. Good to have Sinister Dexter back.

broodblik

IndigoPrime

Only read Dredd so far, but Niemand/Foster has a real Wagner/Bolland vibe – and I mean that in the most positive way. Great set-up. Looking forward to the rest of this one.