Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Zenith vs. Anderson PSi Division Rd 5 Heat 15

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 August, 2022, 07:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Round 5 was always going to be a quickie and in two weeks we are done. I'm thinking maybe next round we'll go to one a day to give us more time to luxuriate (or for me to prep whatever's next if I'm honest, not had to think about that for some time!) Anyway not much else to say except a week of more bastard hard choices!

In a Round of stella ties this one for me is probably the zen... nah I can't ... the peak ... or low actually as one of these will have to go. Neither of these was on my list of probable finalists, but they were on my long list for my finalists - if that makes sense. Two absolutely top draw thrills, the sad passing of Alan Grant having pulled Anderson's early - well first 20 years! - into sharp focus and helped folks appreciate quite what an astonishing body of wotk iy was. Will that be enough though to topple the astonishing Zenith? Such a shame one of these must fall in this Round, but fall one must...

Zenith: Harry Twenty; Buttonman; Ace Trucking
Anderson: Hunted; Droid Life; Max Normal

Zenith - more info

VS

Anderson Psi Division - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 14th August and the winner gets a place in Round 6 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Early Anderson was one of the best things in the Prog, but zenith was even better.

One of the best complete stories in the Prog ever and career best art by Yeowell.

abelardsnazz

rogue69

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Two series I have no love for whatsoever, but Anderson wins this because its not written by Grant Morrison and because of Alan Grant.

SBT

Funt Solo

Anderson is very good, sometimes excellent. Often, though, the character works best in a supporting role in Dredd. Like in Dark Justice.

Zenith is one of the best multi-part series the prog's ever published.

Zenith, even though, at this stage of the competition we're deciding between excellence and excellence.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

credo

Early Anderson is wonderful, but Zenith is so good it gets past my distaste for Morrison's Morrisonisms.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Blue Cactus

Zenith has seen off some big hitters eh? Anderson's had a comparatively easy ride so far.

Tough one this, I enjoy a lot of the Alan Grant Anderson, especially the later Ranson period, Half-life etc. Some of the more recent series have tried new things and some has worked for me and some hasn't. Anderson also feels a bit more like 'my' 2000ad as I didn't read Zenith at the time, just later on in collections, so it's kind of this weird thing that sits outside my standard prog reading.

Zenith is consistently good all the way through though (well almost. That .com story is blehh).

Ach I'm voting Anderson.