Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Zenith vs. Anderson PSi Division Rd 5 Heat 15

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 August, 2022, 07:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Anderson has many great moments – notably Shamballa and the end of Satan. But it, like all long-running thrills, suffers from troughs. It was also short-changed by huge events happening in it that were never even referenced in Dredd – although that's not Anderson's fault, obviously. In more recent years, though, I've found myself (with exceptions like Half Life) just kind of tired of Anderson, despite attempts to breathe new life into the formula.

Zenith was almost all great moments. It's a bit self-satisfied at times, but one of those series I can re-read time and time again. There's no knockout blow, but Zenith wins on points for me.

norton canes

AlexF

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Richard

I agree with IndigoPrime so Zenith, but it still feels wrong to vote against Anderson, which contains some of my favourite stories. (But there are also some duffers.)

Rogue Judge

Zenith. It's not a top thrill for me but I overall enjoyed it and prefer it to most Anderson stuff I've read.

Huey2

Colin YNWA

This one looks close BUT I think there is a front runner, but reckon final days votes could swing this. All I ask is don't make this a draw. I don't want to have to make a call on this one! A day to go and we'll know the result tomorrow morning

GoGilesGo

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 August, 2022, 08:16:50 AM
AAAIEEE! The horizontal scale! It burns my eyyyyyyyyessss!

I'm with you. Seven (?) fonts on the same page. terrible.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: gogilesgo on 13 August, 2022, 08:53:47 AM
I'm with you. Seven (?) fonts on the same page. terrible.

The mad thing is: that "Emphatically Yes" block is at least all in variations of Futura, but look at all the whitespace underneath it. The block of type could be extended vertically into that space, giving it proportions that would require way less egregious use of the horizontal scale...

(Anyway, sorry! Back to the voting!)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.