Main Menu

Recent posts

Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 04:34:49 PM
Hope: Nice to see another modern thrill get collected. I didn't like the previous series, but I'd still have bought this if I didn't already own the two Rebellion trades.

The Dark Judges: Not my cup of tea, but nice to see those strips getting collected in print for the first time. Good for the fans.

Savage + Defoe: That one's really interesting, because it feels like whoever's selecting these (Matt?) is properly fulfilling some people's very specific wish lists. Since I imagine those strips are now done, am I right in thinking this volume would mean everything would be collected from them?

On that notion of wish lists, there must be hope for completing The Order yet!
Last post by Le Fink - Today at 04:33:56 PM
Savage and Defoe completed (up to now) - excellent!
Last post by Max Headroom - Today at 04:25:27 PM
Of these new titles freshly announced, 'Hope' is listed as coming in at 256 pages - if this is correct then that would be everything published so far and bring us right up to date! (A definite purchase for me).
General / Re: Wrap It Up
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 03:39:32 PM
I love the 'fade out' of the action on the back cover and it really leds into the power of the action on the cover.

And boy oh boy even on a glossy cover the colour lose from that original is quite something!
Events / Re: Forbidden Planet events
Last post by karlos - Today at 03:39:10 PM
Terry Moore is great and the second best Moore
Film & TV / Re: Fallout TV show.
Last post by Barrington Boots - Today at 03:38:15 PM
Finished this yesterday after carefully eking it out. It's really great - lots of nods to the games but still accessible for those who haven't played them (apparently) and importantly, really engaging. Looking forward to a second series.
General / Re: Wrap It Up
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 03:28:24 PM
19 - Wrap-Spasm, Book II

A couple of Slaines from a couple of Simons...

Prog 688's ...and he didn't think it too many (1990; Simon Bisley) has Slaine warping out in his wild boar codpiece, and taking out a combination of sea demons and skeletons. The action fades out on the back cover rather a lot. Great wild-eyed horse action, there.

---

Prog 1882's Chop Chop! (2014; Simon Davis) features an older, more mutton-chopped Slaine up against a twisted giant. The crowd of onlooking giant-bruvvers has diminished in the final rendering compared to the rough.

---

Next: I'm Batman...
Film & TV / Re: Apple TV Neuromancer Serie...
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 03:18:44 PM
I can't remember where I heard the quote, which was about media, but it was "90% of everything is shit". And then there's Shogun.
Events / Re: Forbidden Planet events
Last post by stacey - Today at 03:00:57 PM
I think it's one of those marmite books, I absolutely loved it but know other folks who hated it. I really loved Echo too and Rachel Rising. I wish I could make this event!