Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

S'funny! Skullmo asked me this just the other day! I was 15 when this appeared in the Prog and I think was the third or fourth prog I bought after after jumping back on board after a few years absence! I don't know why but for some reason the story really stuck with me not least, I imagine, because of Belardinelli's beautiful artwork.

As far as this page in particular is concerned it's a very serendipitous story - the owner was simply browsing the caf website (he's not a collector, doesn't have a gallery on there and only found the website by chance) when he found my gallery, spotted my pages and got in touch. The rest, as they say...

Skullmo

I hope Artie Gruber doesn't have one of the 2 pages.  :lol:
It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

Shhhhhh, we don't talk about 'that' page. I don't want anyone to know where it is...

Sideshow Bob

Serendipity right enough Mark......

Not a collector, but just happened to be browsing......It was like it was meant to be yours !!...Well done, mate.... :D
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Fatboydale

A very sweet Dredd by Brett ... pretty big as well ...

Simon Beigh

Ooooohhhhh.. I like that, Dale. Very nice.

dark-spartan

Dale that Christmas Dredd is just fantastic - I can recall quite a few covers and splahes over the years where Dredd busts Santa

I thought I would share this one with you - its one of a couple of Siku pages I have and being framed I haven't posted it online before.  Who doens't like a sentient T-Rex's answering the door to two hit men while smoking a cigar.

Sorry for the quality taken on my phone

ming

Quote from: dark-spartan on 09 August, 2013, 09:28:28 AMI thought I would share this one with you - its one of a couple of Siku pages I have and being framed I haven't posted it online before.  Who doens't like a sentient T-Rex's answering the door to two hit men while smoking a cigar.

Heh, I love that.

hippynumber1

Spikes

A double helping of Cam goodness.

hippynumber1

Colin YNWA

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 09 August, 2013, 09:04:37 PM
Awwww, I love Norman...  :D
Yeah every time I see a new Cam Kennedy page here I think that's the strip I'd like one from, Big Sleep, The Warlord, Two Ton Tony, The Taxidermist amongst so many others. Now Normal. He really did get some beauts to draw.

I have a feeling that someone here has pages from I, Beast from the 1985 Summer Special. Now there's a page on there that one day, in the far future I'd love to own.

ming

Great pages, Iain - especially the VCs one...  Always a treat to see more Cam art!

Skullmo

Love those cam pages!

And that Brett Ewins Dale!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Man this thread...where do you start?

Iain- great Cam pages, his VC's art has a solid place in my heart as you know.
Look at Ringer's dead-eyed scowl in that 1st panel- genius.