Main Menu

Views and comments about the new site design.

Started by ukdane, 01 June, 2004, 02:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Any news and comments about the new look?

I get vertical scroll bars in the message board.

Cheers

-Daney

ukdane

And I'm not too keen on the underlining of every link, but I guess that's something I'll have to get used too (I prefered the old orange links that switched colour with a mouse roll over)
Cheers

-Daney

Mangamax

Nice but i'm going to miss the SCREEEEEEE bit of Jock's artwork at the top - something nice to look at while something was loading.
Be better if the full piece of Kev Walker art was along the top.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Dudley

This messageboard's too big for my screen, which is a right PITA...

Slippery PD

ukdane

Dud: So, same problem as me then.

My other dislike is the huge advertising banner in the header. When it was at the bottom of the screen, it didn't bother me, because although I knew it was there, it took nothing away from my inital page view... I had to scroll down to see it. Now, it fills a fair portion of my initial viewing page. And that's annoying, as it means I have to scroll further down in order to view content of interest to me. And like a vast majority (I forget the actual percentage) of internet users I dislike and can't be bothered to scroll down.

One of the things I do like, is the actual background look of the header, which ties in nicely with t he current look in the nerve center.
Cheers

-Daney

W. R. Logan

Doesnt fit to my screen which is going to annoy me more and more.
And I know I havent looked around a great deal yet but on my old front page of the site I'd built up quite a list of links to other parts of the site and now they're gone.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Banners

I like the general style - seems to make everything a lot more compact. Certainly a nice surprise this morning!

A few comments...

The Home Page doesn't fit into 800x600 and even in 1024x768 the 'Latest News' still isn't visible without scrolling. Arguably, the most up-to-date part is the most important element of the Home Page.

And it's a shame Dante's face is cut off(!)

Also, the navigation menu is maybe not in the most obvious order. Finally, the 'twisty' menu titles could do with an arrow or something to suggest that they reveal more headings when clicked.

M@

The Amstor Computer

"One of the things I do like, is the actual background look of the header, which ties in nicely with t he current look in the nerve center."

...although the colours behind the menu bars down the left and across the top don't match this background - they're a noticeably lighter shade of purple.

Oddboy

Fits alright on my (work) screen (dunno yet about my home PC) - but I dunno... I fear change.
I really did like the previous design & could see no need to re-vamp it. But what the hey, it's still good.
Better set your phaser to stun.

WoD

I like it, and it fits my work screen and the laptop.  Miss the Jock art though, and are the easter eggs gone as well?

Wake

on my old front page of the site I'd built up quite a list of links to other parts of the site and now they're gone.

Your bookmarks are still in the database, and I'm going to have a think about how to reintroduce them into the new design.

In the meantime, if you can find the old home page at the following link

Link: Old home page

Wake

are the easter eggs gone as well?

For the moment, but I'll put them back soon.

Wake

Oddboy

Re: The front page...

Isn't the E-cards link a bit too prominant?
With that picture out the way, the 'current issues' would fit in one line across the page, & the first news item would be visable without scrolling.
Better set your phaser to stun.

WoD

Hide em Wake.....just tell everyone you've put them up and not tell them where...hours of fun for everyone, until we realise that you haven't actually had time to update the site yet.....