Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

It would be nice to know what's coming up after #4 "Origins".

Zenith 666

Mattofthespurs

Got my online subscribers takeaway mug in the post today.

Must say I'm quite impressed with it. From the picture I assumed it was going to be some sort of cardboard or plastic jobby but it's a quite heavy pottery one.

At least I know I will be getting the next two issues and the badge by Wednesday (ish) of next week.

Gives me something to look forward to  :)

Judge Olde

I got the (sturdy) mug (flimsy lid) but as already said many other places, no other issue as yet - issue 2 was the main reason I took out my sub  :D

I'd like to know for sure what's lined up for the next few books - Mandroid I know will be along at some point ...

Daveycandlish

I got a red card off the postie this morning while I was out. Curses! I guess it was my mug and books!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

BPP

Mandroid and Origins were mocked up covers for the soft launch so no reason to think they are actually in bound. Dredd only has so many mega epics and sequal stories so I'd imagine they are going to be spread out after an initial burst to generate subscribers.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Zenith 666

Aww I was really looking forward to Mandroid.origins is book four though some previews online were sent the first four books.

BPP

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 07 February, 2015, 10:57:45 AM
Aww I was really looking forward to Mandroid.origins is book four though some previews online were sent the first four books.

Only speculating like, maybe Mandroid is book 5 but from a publishers point of view your defo front-loading a lot of major tales.

Am hoping we're kept in the dark as to what is coming.. 
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Steve Green

They talk about a few upcoming titles in the thrillcast.

Magnetica

Quote from: BPP on 07 February, 2015, 12:21:08 PM

Only speculating like, maybe Mandroid is book 5 but from a publishers point of view your defo front-loading a lot of major tales.

Am hoping we're kept in the dark as to what is coming..

I wouldn't worry too much about front loading. As far as I am concerned there is a huge amount of fantastic material to keep releasing an absolute classic every (other) issue.

Personally I would be interested in:

The Day the Law Died
The Judge Child
Necropolis
The Pit
Tour of Duty
The Mega Rackets
Luna 1
Trifecta

and that's just off the top of my head.

In fact if they did release these, I might just reconsider my decision to only buy the odd one or two. (It's as much storage as cost).

In fact for the casual purchaser who is cherry picking which ones to buy, it is pretty much essential to know what the next issue contains - given that I am inclined to buy them directly from Hachette rather than rely on availability in the shops, which where I live and work seems to be a little hit and miss and want to make sure I get my order in before they sell out any given issue.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: BPP on 07 February, 2015, 12:21:08 PM

Hmm. Not sure about that. I wouldn't say Mandroid, Shamballa or The Heavy Squad (presumably Holocaust 12/The Corps) are particularly major stories. You've still got all the mega-epics, all the Dark Judge stories, Low Life, Lenny Zero, Devlin Waugh, Chopper, PJ Maybe, the Bloodline stuff...
@jamesfeistdraws

COMMANDO FORCES

Perfect start to my birthday, the mug arrived and as stated previously, quite a sturdy item. No books but that's no big deal really!

ZenArcade

Happy birthday dude....keep up the good work on the cosplay front. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Mardroid

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 07 February, 2015, 09:05:25 AM
Got my online subscribers takeaway mug in the post today.

Must say I'm quite impressed with it. From the picture I assumed it was going to be some sort of cardboard or plastic jobby but it's a quite heavy pottery one.

Me too, and my assessment matches yours. A solid thing. It's being christened right now in a coffee shop I speak. Or type if you prefer. If using your thumbs on a phone counts as typing.

I'm still awaiting issues 2 and 3. Okay I already have the test subscription versions... but I'm worried I missed a red card somewhere....(Probably not. Sure they're on the way.)

IndigoPrime

Dispatch is in blocks, to keep postage down. I only have issue one so far, so you're not alone.