Main Menu

Favourite Art Droid CLASSIC - POOL 8 Qualifying

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 October, 2020, 06:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Almost there... almost there...

Select your two favourite droids form the list of 10 below (I know, I know. No one said it was going to be easy) pop those names in a post in this thread and in three days (Saturday 31st October) I'll count up the votes and the two droids with the highest counts will qualify for the tourney proper when it starts. Which will start shortly after this vote ends, though we might have a little break to let the General Topics section heal!

So that's nominating your 2 favourite droids by clearly naming them in a reply to this thread... want to know more. Well there's some linkies below the list.

Siku - more info

Frazer Irving - more info

Nigel Dobbyn - more info

Steve Sampson - more info

Alan Davis - more info

John McCrea - more info

Smudge (Cam Smith) - more info

Jose Ortiz - more info

Tim Bollard - more info

Kevin Cullen - more info

What the hell is all this? Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys

Whose in the two different tourneys?
Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney (eventually took me like 3 or 4 goes to get the list right!)

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Greg M.

All the Ds - Davis and Dobbyn! If The Thirteenth Floor had been a 2000AD strip, Ortiz would have nudged one of those guys out though.

broodblik

Quote from: Greg M. on 28 October, 2020, 06:51:22 AM
If The Thirteenth Floor had been a 2000AD strip, Ortiz would have nudged one of those guys out though.

But it is just look into my screen:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Magnetica

Alan Davies. For DR and Quinch.

Frazer Irving. Because the Simping Detective is the equal beat strip ever in the Meg.

abelardsnazz

Siku, for his uniquely painted style on many stories.

Alan Davis, for DR & Quinch and Harry Twenty.

BPP

Surely McCrea has had more of a run in 2000ad of late than his upsetting Tharg period?

So with that I'll go Ortiz and Irving.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Tomwe

rogue69

AlexF

Frazer Irving forever, he really grabbed my eyeballs by the throat when he first appeared.
And Siku, who is an acquired taste I think, but once you've acquired it there's no going back. He had a terrific run of Dredds in the period that has been reprinted in the Case Files recently - and that one Slaine story he did was lovely.

ming

Alan Davis and Frazer Irving (my non-existent third vote goes to José Ortiz).

Tim Bollard got me confused; I thought this might have been a typo and it was some kind of play on Tim Bisley off Spaced  :)

Bolt-01

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I, Cosh

The second pick from this one is very difficult. First is obviously Siku. There's no one quite like him and his use of colour in particular sets him apart from every other artist.

Big fan of John McCrea but checking it he's done comparitively little for Tharg. So for style and amassing a solid body of work in a short timeframe it's got to be Frazer Irving.
We never really die.