Main Menu

Borag Thungg & PF Submission pages

Started by Steven Austin, 06 December, 2012, 05:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Austin

Borag thungg!!

I am new to these here forums and thought as way of an introduction i'd start off with the submission pages I have been working on.

The pages are for the 'Dredded' PF script that many seem to avoid like the plague. They appealled to me as I felt they had a nice comedic slant plus the script is essentially a character heavy piece i.e minimal characters that depend heavily on expression.

I have actually sent these in already but have yet to hear from Tharg - only been 3 weeks though so not expecting a response for a while.

I have completed all 6 pages which have taken bloody ages, largely due to having to squeeze them in beside my 9 to 5 (which I desperately want to get out of in order to pursue my first love of Illustration - preferably for the mighty Tharg) and am currently working on some submission pages for Cycle of Violence - which I will post at a slightly later date.

Why am I working on more submission pages even before I get a response onthe ones I have sent in you may ask?

2 reasons, firstly it keeps me in practice and secondly I am preempting what the feedback may be based upon feedback I have already received from one of the all time greats who I happened to bump into whilst working my 9 to 5. He frequents my place of work on a weekly basis and has been kind enough to take the time to check out my pages as I have produced them - he says,' Your storytelling and drawing all seem to be there but yo may want to think about cleaning up your line work a bit'. Which is exactly what I have been and continue to work on.

I should also mention that the 6 pages I have completed do have 'some' additional panels and a couple where I have combined panels. The additonal panels include an extra one on the first page where we actually see Dredd approaching the main character and also on the pages where the PF doors open and close - we actually cut in to the doors closing.

Anyway's the proof is in the pudding and so here are my 6 pages - looking forward to your feedback.