Main Menu

Posting trouble.

Started by Grant Perkins, 30 January, 2012, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Perkins

Hey guys.

I'm having trouble posting new art in my art thread. It's just not happening. Little help?

G.

Grant Perkins

I've managed to show my art through attachments as it doesnt seem to like the img tags.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Have yo got an Photobucket or Imageshack account?

If not get one. I've got Photobucket and it's great if a occasionally a bit temperamental about uploading stuff.

You 'll see on the Photobucket page an 'select photos and videos ' upload button and usually nearby is a small greyish box with a selection ie: 'computer, web' etc. Click the 'select photos' button and then click [I assume]  computer and look for the file you want to upload saved as either a JPEG or PNG since it's best to make a copy of your original file and send this.

Once you locate the desired file click on it and it should appear in the long box at the foot of the page and click Open and it should start to upload. Sometime it doesn't error etc but if it does try again.

Once uploaded it appears in a window and asks you whether to give it a Title or edit it. Once you've done that and clicked the 'save to album' button it should appear. Here you can see some boxes with IMG code and IM E-MAIL type of stuff and if you want to upload it to the twoothy page click IMG code line and it will copy and save it.This is using Google Chrome so it might be different with another browser.

Then got to 2000AD page, sign in and then go to the reply or start new Topic page.At the reply window  Press Paste and the image line should appear in the your reply window no need to put it inside image brackets. When you click to  Post your image should appear in the Forum page all in it's glory.

That's how I doodle it anyway.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Emperor

Is this still a problem?

There is a help with posting images thread but I can't currently find it.

However,

• If you are posting images from your own site check that there is no hotlinking blocks in place. You've previously used links from Blogspot which will usually work fine (as it is part of Google and so the images are also stored in Picassa, an image sharing site), so if you've changed things and used a different source that might be the reason. Unless you use an image sharing site there is potential for the images not to show up (which can fool some people, as they'd see it when posted because the image is cached on their computer).
  • Check the size of the image - 650px is about the largest width that will work here without scroll bars (it might be it is just a hair under 700px but 650px is a good rule of thumb) and it is possible there is a setting somewhere which would stop massive images being posted. Best bet if you want to show a larger size is post a forum-friendly version and link that image to a larger version.

Also the buttons above the "post reply" box are your friends for getting the BB code right - highlight the relevant text and hit the button (you can get BB code markup plugins from some browsers which can make life easier).

• - for images
  • - for links
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+