Main Menu

Introduce Myself - Right On!

Started by Sefton Disney, 23 April, 2009, 11:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sefton Disney

Hello, everyone. My name is Sefton Disney pretty big moment in the life of an aging Squaxx Dek Thargo  - my very first posting to a message board.

Please be gentle with me!

I'm 38 years old and I've read 2000AD every week since I half-inched Prog 76 from my cousin back in the day. I also read the Megazine and I'm a fan of all the 2000AD-related comics - Action, Battle, Tornado, Starlord, Crisis, etc. and I'm fascinated by the history of British comics generally.

I also love Strangehaven, The Walking Dead, Liberty Meadows, Northlanders, Age Of Bronze, The Goon and Red Sonja/Conan.

Judging from what I've read on the boards I like pretty much the same stuff as everybody else when it comes to TV, movies, books, etc.

I especially love westerns and the classic horror movies of the 1960s and 70s. John Carpenter is my all-time favourite film director.

Music-wise, my particular passions of the moment are extreme metal and classic/prog rock, with a bit of power-pop and alt.country thrown in.

And that's about it for now. I really look forward to cahtting to you all.

And don't forget - Alan Moore does, indeed, know the score. but Pat Mills is the Guvnor!

Sefton Disney

P.S. I am naturally delighted that I managed to mess up the first sentence of my first posting. way to go, grandad! :lol:

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dark Jimbo

You have the best name I've ever heard.
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Pete Wells

Hey there Mr Cool-Named Boarder! Welcome to the best message board in the galaxy, be prepared to lose many, many hours of your life here!

SmallBlueThing

Welcome to the best forum on the World Wide Weird! Have fun, people here are cool.

38? Check. British comics? Check. Walking Dead? Check. Conan? Check. John Carpenter best director? Check. Pat MIlls being the Guv'nor? Check.

Prog Rock? Er, well, I like a bit of Tull.

You are mostly me, and I claim my five galactic groats.

Steev

Proudhuff

you'll fit in nicely, you and spooky should get a room  :D
DDT did a job on me

Richmond Clements

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Dandontdare

howdy and welcome. You sound like a Merseyside theme park! :D

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: "Sefton Disney"I really look forward to cahtting to you all.

You say that now, but what are you going to do when it's 3am on a workday and you still haven't finished explaining your thoughts concerning animal suicides, gay wolves and the chemical composition of Tharg's underpants?

Welcome to the Bark(ing) Side...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Kerrin

Sefton Disney

Many thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I've had a warm and fuzzy day keeping up with your postings here and elsewhere. I think is going to be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Many thanks for all the compliments about my name (100% genuine, by the way). As you might imagine, when I was a kid I took quite a bit of stick for my name and I was a little bit insecure about it. Nowadays, I love it and wouldn't change it for the world.

The moral of this story to all prospective parents is: don't be afraid to give your children unusual names.

"Merseyside theme park" - priceless!  :lol:

As for animal suicides, gay wolves and Tharg's underpants - bring 'em on! (or, in the case of the latter, should that be "Get 'em off!"?)

Seriously, everyone: thanks for making my first day on the Forum such a good experience. Speak to you all soon!

Splundig vur Thrigg, Squaxx Dek Thargo!