Main Menu

selling my Dredd art.

Started by Ciaran, 04 February, 2014, 10:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciaran

Hi
I am trying to sell My original Ron Smith Artwork. I have 3 pages from 1978, one with a certificate and a Steve Sampson, a coloured in Judge Anderson with a certificate. The pages on ebay vary so wildly I have no idea what they are truly worth.  I am trying to raise some money so any reasonable offers would be welcome. Does anyone know the value of them?

Spikes

Did Ron do any art for the prog in '78?

But any chance of posting some pic's? And as to the value, Ron's stuff doesn't sell for a huge amount. Around the £300-ish mark?

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 04 February, 2014, 04:32:18 PM
Did Ron do any art for the prog in '78?

His debut was part 16 of Day the Law Died in prog 104 - cover date 17th March 1979. So no - but perhaps the art was drawn in the latter part of '78?
@jamesfeistdraws

ming

I sold a nice early-ish Ron Smith page about a year ago (http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,37969.msg744329.html#msg744329); I could probably have asked for more but as JJ said, his pages don't tend to go for particularly high prices.  If the pages are good ones from a popular story (the Day the Law Died would fit that) then £300+ if there's sufficient interest, otherwise a bit lower.

Without seeing the pages (or getting Prog and page numbers), it's hard to be more specific in my guesswork!

:)

Spikes

These are the pages that Ciaran is looking to sell. And I want the last one!  :D

ming

FIZZZZ!  BLAM!  FFFIZZZZ!

Some nice Ron art there!