Main Menu

Lost

Started by Quirkafleeg, 11 August, 2005, 05:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

Pretty favourably impressed with it so far? some of the plot points are a bit obvious but it?s kinda working out to be like a great 70s disaster (with square-jawed hero - with secrete, gun-ho nutter, pregnant women, screaming bimbo, fat bloke etc?) movie with an odd (sf, fantasy, horror?) twist

pauljholden

Saw the entire series last year thanks to wonders of BitTorrent ... but I'm watching it again - it's really pretty cool (if a little frustrating in parts).

-pj

Queen Firey-Bou

me n the juvies were on edge of seats..." eeeek, what the feck !!" etc

and yes i'm bored already of certain cliches, but theres enough questions to make it exciting tv.

either that or ive gone insane, from my new hobbie, sitting on arse.

can't flipping wait for nip tuck, aieeeeeee ! his face !

Noisybast

Can't watch it - I'm working (boo hoo, poor me).
Is it repeated on E4?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

paulvonscott

Yeah, I really enjoyed it too!

Slippery PD

I missed it to.  Its repeated on Saturday night 10:30pm channel 4.  

Slips

maryanddavid

its been on over here for a while, i think it was episode fourteen i saw monday night,im hooked, but for every episode that something happens, there is two that nothing happens. worth sticking with tho, just hope it dosent go the way of twin peaks.
david

liamslade

Mr C

Damn good television that. The beeb and ITV just don't make programs as imaginative as that, do they? Sure there's some cliches, but miles better than another yawnathon detective drama.

Apparently, the econd series does reveal what the island is as well as why the plane crash.

Looks like I may be addicted to this for a while!

Steamboy

Last episode over here tonight but I know what happens so I probably wont watch it, it has some great episodes its just a bit light on the reveals and for every question it answers two pop up in place.  When you get to the Kalgoorlie flash back episode, I'd just like to point out that Kalgoorlie's a bit bigger than that.

CU Steamboy

Floyd-the-k

towns are always smaller in flashbacks. Often they're misty as well

Trout

I was determined not to watch Lost, as I merrily avoid anything acclaimed, like 24, partly to be irritating and partly to safeguard my free time.

However, I ended up glued to this, and loving it.

There are obvious Lord of the Flies parallels there, and I think I mighthave guessed what "the beast" might be, but overall I enjoyed it very much.

I'll be watching every week.

- Trout

Steamboy

Trust me Trouty, the Beast is the last thing you'd expect on a tropical island!!!!!
Floyd - Kalgoorlie was also in the middle of a red dust storm so maybee thats why it looked so small :)
holy shit how daft am I? tried to think where I'd seen him befor, he's one of those pesky Hobbits!

CU Steamboy

Funt Solo

Ah, Kalgoorlie:  the dust, the horse-box prostitution, the 2-buck a shake topless barmaids, the perverted gynaecologist, the threats of physical violence from passing strangers...

Oh, such fond memories.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Lost was excellent fun:  hyper-fantasy.  Having watched 3 episodes lastnight (the 3rd on magic cable) I can see that they're going to stretch it out for as long as possible.  Probably better to watch 1 episode a week, as then the stretching would probably be less noticeable.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++