Main Menu

Lost

Started by Quirkafleeg, 11 August, 2005, 05:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamboy

when were you last here Fate? The Stables have now changed to high class establishments, you cant toss a Skimpy for a flash anymore(damn those 'fun police') dont know about that Gyno not my thing and threatened violence from passing strangers, no change there although these days it seems to escalate quite easily from threat to act(I blame the drugs myself).  Ahhh but I love the place :)
and yes they do stretch Lost, nearly to breaking point but every time you want to stop watching they hit you with just a bit more info or show a preview to the next week and you find yourself drwn back in to its evil web. It really is a love hate thing for me, on week top TV almost as good as new Who the next I wanna put my foot through the TV

CU Steamboy

Funt Solo

To be fair to Kalgoorlie, I only spent 3 days there, and that was in '96.  I was doing door-to-door encyclopedia sales, which is pretty much like selling your soul to Satan, and also the reason I only lasted 3 days, and also the reason I was threatened with physical violence.  It went something like this:

"Get a proper fuckin' job, mate:  down the mines!"

I had to promise to report to the mines the next day or else.

The perverted gyno was a guy that gave me a lift to Perth and was on the verge of propositioning me when I headed him off at the pass.  He referred to himself, whilst snikkering, as "Mr. Sticky Fingers".  I was glad to ditch that particular lift.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Satanist

"Trust me Trouty, the Beast is the last thing you'd expect on a tropical island!!!!! "

Please,please,please let it be a giant zombie penguin!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Trout

Agh! Satanist! That was my guess!

Thursday

I've always thought that were-penguins were seriously underrepresented in modern drama, so I'm hoping Lost will do something to redress the balance.

Can't you just see it?  Flocks of were-penguins sliding down the icy slopes, people fleeing before them...  

paulvonscott

I always have a habit of avoiding acclaimed series, Trout.  And in addition I usually avoid all these glossy high production value american shows.

Lost sold it to me on the trapped on a desert island thing, which really should always be fun.  Plus the advert where the piece of engine nearly squashed the hobbit.

I'm wondering if the fat guy isn't as fat as he's pretending.  I wonder if it's a heavy actor in a fat suit so we can watch him shed pounds throughout the series.  Mind you these fad diets like the 'lost on a desert island diet' never really work in the long run.

Actually, we should have a thread for discussing weird theories for the series.  I'm sure I've seen a reason behind the idea of 'the beast' before on another show, that I think would probably apply here.  To my mind it can only be one of two things, one fairly improbable, and one almost impossible.  Then again. sometimes it's best just to have no idea.

Funt Solo

It could be a dinosaur.

It could be a genetically engineered mutant beastie.

It could be a giant stompy robot.

It could be a creature borne of someone's fevered psyche (a la Forbidden Planet and The Tempest).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

That pilot gets the Disaster Movie Darwin Award for most excellent stupidity.

"Some huge beastie just walked past my aeroplane, casting a massive shadow and making the ground shake.  I know, I'll climb out of the window and say hello."
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Satanist

This is one of those shows that I know will entertain/irritate me in equal measures.

I mean the junkie hobbit gets chased by a giant beast in the jungle,tells no one about it and then volunteers to not only re-enter the jungle but also climb up the mountain.

Aye right!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dudley

I'm wondering if the fat guy isn't as fat as he's pretending.

I've seen the actor in a couple of other shows, and he definitely is that gargantuan.

House of Usher

I really enjoyed the show; it reminded me why I have a television. Agreed, there's no way that Hobbit would have volunteered to undertake another mission after what happened the first time. Good quality entertainment, I'd say.

But then, I liked Fantastic Four more than Batman Begins, so what do I know?

:P
STRIKE !!!

Max Kon

Jorge Garcia is cool, his legs must be so strong!

He was very good in Becker

paulvonscott

Satanist, he thought they were going on a quest to destroy the one ring.

Scottiepunk

The Island's alive.

Trout

Well, at the risk of making a tit of myself, I'll express my half-thought-out idea.

I wondered if - given the noise it was making, the way it was moving, and the way it was able to grab the pilot - the monster might be a big gorilla, or somesuch.

Now I've read Steamboy's comment, though, I don't think that's quite bizarre enough. We'll see, of course.

Oh, and let's have no more hints! :-)

- Trout