Main Menu

Collectormania

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 25 August, 2007, 09:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Went to this today with a friend, with the intention of keeping him company while he got John Rhys-Davies autograph (did you know he lives on the Isle of Man and watches the TT races?)

Ended up buying a superb signed A2 print of Spiderman signed by the Brothers Hildebrandt, along with a signed print (with a sketch) of the same Wall-crawler for MAster X's bedroom wall.

I was pleasantly suprised by the event, which is also on tomorrow at the Braehead arena.

There was a chap with a fine selection of 80s/90s Eagle and some 2000ad pages (mostly Ridgeway's Luke Kirby, which looked fabulous - really luminous - but was passed in favour of Spidey).

The same guy who sold me the art also had some signed Dylan Teague Rogue Trooper stuff.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Also got the 1979 Dan Dare album for £1. Features Dredd, Invasion and some bloke called Dan Dare.
Lock up your spoons!

opaque

I wish I could find those people with 2000ad artwork, be nice to see the stuff I'd like to buy in person again.

Buttonman

I saw the ad for this in the Sun and thought it looked shite - loads of people about 20 places down the cast list "selling autographs" - I'd have thought most of them would have been happy with the attention!

Still glad it worked out OK for you, and you didn't get too star stuck with that guy who had two minutes in the 2nd Harry Potter!
I'm waiting to get to the Paisley museum 'time traveller exhibition' which is a load of Dr Who collectables that can't get a licence to call itself a Dr Who exhibition.

I did watch 'Trekkies' the other day which is a great lesson in not getting too involved. Not that you are Dr X, finely balanced as I recall.

Al (Sex Gore) Simpson

"Also got the 1979 Dan Dare album for £1. Features Dredd, Invasion and some bloke called Dan Dare."

Hey, did you pick that up from my own wee Collectormania carboot type stall? (my collection of £1 2000AD/Dredd/Dare annuals were quite popular and one lucky soul walked off with a run of 50+ Dredd Megazines for £20 on Sunday!) I hope you picked up a copy of my wee zombie magazine too (slowly getting towards covering my print costs thankfully)

:)

Link: http://www.sexgoremutants.co.uk/ldgv.html" target="_blank">Living Dead Glasgow

mogzilla

went to the manchester gmex one a couple of years ago and wasnt even tempted by miss starbuck to fork out £15 for a scribble.

The ads in the mags always make me laugh,"the first time at collectormania! joe bloggs,2nd stormtrooper from the left,third row back death star in return of the jedi!!!"
   the extra's in corrie will be at it next,mark my words!

Have just won a signed by carlos ltd edition dredd on ebay.