Main Menu

I am a smoker, but I refuse to smoke!

Started by LARF, 01 April, 2008, 12:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

"would rather have gone", I meant. She was given the diagnosis 3 weeks before she died. She'd much rather have died suddenly of a heart attack like my grandfather.

Aaaaaanyway, always good to hear of people giving up smoking!

You know if you smoke, you're only benefiting Philip Morris, British American, and Baroness Thatcher!
STRIKE !!!

Mikey

Yep-I heartily congratulate you on taking the step.I propose you can call yourself a recovering smoker.And well done all the rest of you quitters...

Me?Still smoking I'm afraid.But I would like to assure the likes of Ush I'm socially responsible and don't smoke around peeps - I know how horrible other peoples smoke is.Even when you could smoke in restaurants I would ask nearby tables if they minded before sparking up.People tutting at me after the fact never worked though!

Mrs Mikey has stopped for about 6 weeks or so and hasn't really looked back yet and hopefully won't.I am actually feeling bad about smoking for the first time ever,so you never know.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

House of Usher

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/HouseofUsher1/27hasafreestogie.jpg">
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

© Adam Kofordhttp://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/HouseofUsher1/182DoNotWantSkunkoCigar.jpg">
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I only smoke roll ups.Cigarettes i cannot tolerate and no i dont mind smoking outside .Its not that big a deal.Smoking in the family[parents] home is banned and has been for years so i am quite used to going outside in the garden for a puff and quite like it.The others have quite keen noses and always notice the slightest whiff of tobacco smoke in the house.

I cut down to one roll up a day in about 2 days and that wasnt a problem.

I just enjoy it and dont want to stop.Not at the moment anyway.My sister smoked for a while but stopped.My dad used to smoke cigarettes and the odd cigar and stopped so i get it in the neck now from them although i would rather be a light smoker than give up.

I started at 21 and dont have any adverse effects because of it either.

A friend is a musician who plays in pubs and because of the smoking ban has lost at least 40 % of his income from playing live as the pubs have had a downturn in trade all because smokers just cant handle going outside for a fag.A bit pathetic really as i like going outside or sitting in the beer garden.

The price of a packet of fags these days is unbelievable though.

Satanist: It sounds like the bank were going to lend the money then went back on their word.I know someone who this happened to but it can be sorted as there are loads of lenders but they are all getting a bit jittery because of problems in the U.S [sub prime lending] and here too.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Packed it in 16 months ago.

I still miss smoking, and I've put on at least two stone that I can't seem to shift.

Still, it bought me some peace and quiet from the missus, who quit eighteen months before I did and made my life a living hell for every waking minute of that period.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Well done everyone, and sorry to hear about your gran usher, my grandfather died of lung cancer, he didn't smoke but he worked in the mines in his youth then ran a pub for most of his later life so he didn't really stand any chance.

- not a smoker

Buttonman

I can see potential benefits in drinking, gambling, chasing women, fabricating letters and possibly even drugs but I've never understood why people smoke. It stinks, it's expensive and it kills you where is the joy?

I'm not on the moral high ground here I'd really like to know.

- Anti smoker although I have puffed through a birthday cigar but never inhaled.

SuperSurfer

Well done Larf. Addiction to nicotine is something I don't plan to ever experience. One of my earliest memories is of coughing in a smoke filled van as a kid in the 1960s. Was probably actually a good thing as that made up my mind about smoking from an early age and yes, it made me into an anti-smoker.

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother Usher.

TordelBack, I totally see your point about heart attacks. I lost a very close relative two years ago. Seeing the long drawn out suffering and spending months in an intensive care ward was an experience that has affected myself and relatives for life. Wouldn't wish such an end on my worst enemy. I remember thinking that the heart attack is natures way of letting someone go quickly and would've been a more merciful way to go.

Ignatzmonster

I'm planning on quitting soon. After I'm done with my Anatomy and Physiology classes. I mean I'm a smoker, but when I get out of lab I AM A SMOKER.

Noisybast

My uncle is 60 and has smoked heavily for at least 45 of those years. Drinks a lot too.
He's going into hospital this week to find out if he has throat cancer (very likely).

Bizarre thing is, he's actually surprised!
I mean, I can imagine being disappointed. Upset. Devastated, even. But surprised?
Did he not notice all the public health warnings over the years telling him that his lifestyle might have some impact on his health?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Satanist

"Satanist: It sounds like the bank were going to lend the money then went back on their word.I know someone who this happened to but it can be sorted as there are loads of lenders but they are all getting a bit jittery because of problems in the U.S [sub prime lending] and here too."

I wish. They are giving us the exact same loan promised a month ago. Its just a case of some lazy twat not doing what hes paid for. Instead of doing their job they probably spend all day posting on comic sites. erm.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Mikey

"I've never understood why people smoke. It stinks, it's expensive and it kills you where is the joy?"

Well,believe it or not,it is actually pleasurable.I still get a bit of a high with the first one of the day and they can taste nice (with the right 'baccy-I smoke rollies too).I find they go far too well with a good whiskey -the tastes compliment one another in my opinion.After food too - again,the taste can compliment the right meal,honest!Especially something garlicy,for me,with a good coffee.

Dear god,I'm eulogising!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

House of Usher

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/HouseofUsher1/5canhasstogie.jpg">
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/HouseofUsher1/190WhatDoing.jpg">
STRIKE !!!