Main Menu

JUDGE DREDD: IDW #2

Started by sheldipez, 19 December, 2012, 09:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldipez

Quote from: The Cosh on 16 January, 2013, 01:48:39 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 16 January, 2013, 02:12:13 AM
Number 1 had 6 main variant covers with 19 shop variant covers, while this issue has just the 4 variant covers.
And didn't shops have to order a ridiculous number of the standard issue to get their own variant?

And each shop variant was "limited" to 500 copies!

Spikes

Have i mentioned that im still waiting for this to land. Is Issue 8 out now, btw?  ::)

Spikes

And today i finally get my mitts on a copy of issue 2!
The one i ordered from DH's is still MIA. A place in Space were the good gentleman involved here. Took about three days to arrive, once ordered. Lesson learnt!

A superb cover by Greg Staples is on show for my variant.
The main story is still a bit cartoony and not really Dredd, but i can live with that. The back-up story features some decent art by McCarthy, and reading it was OK.
So, two issues in and im not disliking it, but it couldnt ever be classed as 'essential'. Maybe itll pick up, maybe its not really aimed at me. As somebody else posted - hopefully itll turn new readers onto the good stuff.
Still, im gonna stick with it for a while, along with the year one series when that lands.

COMMANDO FORCES

If anyone is having any problems getting theirs, you could order it through my local and have it sent to you day of release. It's called The Grinning Demon and its in Maidstone!

Colin YNWA

Well even if it had a big second issue drop sales wise the fantastic news for Dredd's US presence is ECBT 2000ad is reporting the news that its sold out and gone to to a second print.

http://2000ad.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/brian-bolland-returns-to-2000ad-with-1821s-cover/

So if the title holds into around 14,000 sales for an American Indie title that'd be pretty fantastic. Now whether it will stablise straight away is open to debate but its looking very healthly... oh and in other sales news I've dropped it. But as we've all heard it ain't aimed at us so that's no biggie. Lets just hope the new US readers get themselves to the stuff that we get.