Main Menu

2000AD Sci-Fi Special 2014

Started by Bat King, 15 May, 2014, 10:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Secured mine and locked it away until for one month.  My Sci-Fi Specials must only be read in tents, it's an inviolable law.

Dandontdare

Quote from: mogzilla on 27 May, 2014, 06:57:17 PM
this and the prog shall be my companions on the poophole that is Blackburn station tomorrow  :D

The Queen arrived by train last month, so it should still be fairly clean and freshly painted. Still grim though, especially since they've dug up the boulevard and demolished the markets.

mogzilla

admittedly its not as bad as it was when I was living there as a student nurse bloody draughty Victorian roof getting shit on by the swarm of starlings that roosted there...

and the Vulcan pubs gone!!! :o
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

GordonR

Quote from: Dandontdare on 27 May, 2014, 07:46:10 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 27 May, 2014, 06:57:17 PM
this and the prog shall be my companions on the poophole that is Blackburn station tomorrow  :D

The Queen arrived by train last month, so it should still be fairly clean and freshly painted. Still grim though, especially since they've dug up the boulevard and demolished the markets.

Have they got round to filling in those four thousand holes yet, though?

mogzilla

blackburns one big hole tbh ;) great comic shop though "the batcave" I shall bob in after my meeting.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Timothy

Is this coming to digital or do I need to hunt down a paper copy?

Prodigal2

Forbidden Planet Belfast are reporting a non-arrival.

Help me. Please help me.

TordelBack

Quote from: Prodigal2 on 28 May, 2014, 10:02:20 AM

Help me. Please help me.

I could grab one here and send it up, Prodigal?  No shortage in Easons Tallaght.

Hawkmumbler

It's not in the app! 'Gargles of indignation'

Prodigal2

Quote from: TordelBack on 28 May, 2014, 10:19:31 AM
Quote from: Prodigal2 on 28 May, 2014, 10:02:20 AM

Help me. Please help me.

I could grab one here and send it up, Prodigal?  No shortage in Easons Tallaght.

Dear God but you are a beautiful man TordelBack. Thank you for that very kind offer.

Early days TB. I was assured by another member of staff on Monday that they would be stocking it and that they would set aside a copy for me. It is not beyond the pale that a wind-up is in place as I have not been physically present in the shop. I will await the reports of the Norn Iron contingent and proceed from there.

Thanks again for that offer though fella. Greatly appreciated.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 May, 2014, 10:32:23 AM
It's not in the app! 'Gargles of indignation'
It's up on the shop/clickwheel now.
We never really die.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Cosh on 28 May, 2014, 12:58:18 PM
It's up on the shop/clickwheel now.

And yet my doormat remains bereft — BEREFT, I say! — of this fine publication.

It's a national scandal. I blame the immigrants.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 May, 2014, 01:24:38 PM
It's a national scandal. I blame the immigrants.

Not everything is Richmond's fault.

Most things, obviously.

Spaceghost

This is a complete no-show in Leeds. None in WHSmiths, Forbidden Planet had never even heard of it until I showed them the advert on the back of this week's prog, and even the trusty Jared of OK Comics hasn't got it. He reckons it may come in next week at some point. Tut.

Needless to say, I was on the internet within minutes to register my disgust.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

James Stacey

What's the weather like in Leeds. I'm led to believe publications of this kind are weather dependant. If there is a chance of getting sand and suntan lotion all over it, the likelihood of it appearing on shelves is greater. Probably next to the Fab lollies, under the Spangles.