Main Menu

Dreddcon 4

Started by petemaskreplica, 07 December, 2003, 07:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Byron's BO is very nice.

- Trout

madgirl

My favourite moment was when Jock told Fat boy Dale that he couldn't have the artwork for the covers of the Losers after him badgering him for what seemed like  hours. The reason being he had just learnt via text that Andy Diggle had just been named Entertainment Weekly's break out talent of the year! Those covers are going to be worth a lot more than Dale was going to pay him and if he hadn't tried to hassle him he would have walked off with a bargain a long time before Jock got that news.

Well done Jock and a round of applause for Andy.

Trout

I'm still laughing at that one, Madgirl.

I didn't want to butt in because Jock's an adult and business is business, but I was desperate throughout the negotiations to scream, "Nooooooooo!"

Happily, Jock did the right thing.

By the way, it may have seemed like hours, but it was "only" one hour. Only.

Madgirl, were you the terribly nice lady who was dismantling the stall and admiring my Jock portrait?

- Trout

Slippery PD

Heh Strange thing is I can only remember 3 women actually being there and I m sure there were more.  

Gem because she used her hypnotic watch trick on that cute child whose dad was in the Carlos queue and only because she was sat next to myself and the watcher.
Some woman in very large purple boots, who wore a t-shit that said Ill wear black till a darker colour is invented or words to that affect.  I remember her because of the t-shirt.
And Dr Bob....

Yer Slips

Mangamax

Nope King Trout, it was an hour of pretty persistent haggling towards the end of the day but the fella was at it on and off throughout the day.
Full credit to Jock for standing his ground, made for some uncomfortable silences didn't it?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Pyroxian

"Some woman in very large purple boots, who wore a t-shit that said Ill wear black till a darker colour is invented or words to that affect. I remember her because of the t-shirt."

She came along with the chap who was demoing the heroclix stuff - she was a big comics fan. Can't remember her name now though...

Steve

madgirl

Yep that was me. Black trousers and blue lace up shirt. Husband is Alan who was doing the panels. My job was to run round and make sure the creators had all they wanted and generally anything else that needed doing.

That was a very nice portrait. I think i commented that it had a bit of Cancer Man about it.

Roll on next years Dreddcon.

madgirl

Actually thinking about it i had changed to a white shirt by that point!

Bolt-01

Madgirl (I know your name but not going to use it if you want to be incognito): I didn't realise yuo posted here too.

You were very niceto my son Daniel, and  thoroughly enjoyed your conversation in the lloonngg queue for Carlos.

Never got to say bye though.

Bolt-01 (Dave)

madgirl

Hi Bolt, Decided to come on here after the con as i was so stoked about it! so this is my first time, i admit it i am a newbie.
Wasn't it great seeing Carlos. What a star. Did you get home in time and not get into trouble?

Bolt-01

Mad girl: Yeah thanks, credit to Oxford park & ride for having a bus turn up just as we got to the stop!

The spent the whole journey listening to the people sat behind us discuss Dredd after seeing Dan get his Figure out! "Oh, thats Judge Dredd, he was big in the seventies!"

Bolt-01

madgirl

Yeah one of the students on the door said that to me. So i enlightened him. Some people have no idea what they are missing!

See you in May! Best to Daniel.

Quirkafleeg

Finally got around to putting my Dreddcon4 sketches up on my website...

Link: http://www.quirkafleeg.freeserve.co.uk/Dreddcon4.htm" target="_blank">sketchtastic

Art

Really we need to see "Dead Man Wanking" and "The Biggest Loser Of Them All" side by side.

Trout

:-)

The Biggest Loser will be on the net soon, honest.

I'll get to it sometime next week.

- Trout