Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjobs67

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 14 February, 2012, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: bigjobs67 on 14 February, 2012, 05:36:00 PM
So Dredd,Yeah. Sees this guy on the 'Pedway' acting like 'Ten men'. Give'n it 'All that' to randoms as they pass by for no good reason.
So he goes, 'Oy! Dick'ed! Any more of that shit an I'll come over there and fuckin knock u out'.
Guy goes, 'Fuckoff! U fink ur a fuckin Bad Man with all that leather an ya big daft fuckin 'at'.
So Dredd,Yeah, Proper sees is arse and goes 'Right twat,It's fuckin 'On' now'.
Steams over to him and fuckin 'Blaps' him one right in the temple with his fist.
OOOF!!!.
Guys like 'WTF!!!'.
Dredds like, 'That'll fukin learn ya'.
Guys only got a massive piece of 'Rockcret' on him and dashes it up the side of Dredds ed.
But u know what saves him?
Thats right.
His big massive helmet!
Pretty sure you'll find it plays out something like that. :)

Are you on some kind of experimental medication? :|

Lol. Helps me avoid 'The One Show' ;)
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

The Sherman Kid

bigjobs67

Havin said that! Tonights episode does have a dog who can use a cash point on it. Either that or I'm trippin my arse off again! ;)

vzzbux

Quote from: karlurbaninternational on 14 February, 2012, 04:59:15 AM
http://img258.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=194624296_262_122_214lo.jpg
Could someone kill the link with the hot tub. Some live link sex chat is piggybacking it. The image has been here before with the same results.
Its livejasmin.com I got some tanned babe gyrating her groin at my monitor. Luckily the kids are in bed.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

bigjobs67

vzzbux

I am not kidding. I would have been pissed off if Robbie had been with me. I did watch for five mins just to make sure.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

dracula1

Is this more leaked showreel stuff from the movie then!  :o :lol:

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 14 February, 2012, 05:36:44 PM
I can totally understand it from a narrative point of view - recasting MC1 as a hellish slum and the judges as far less powerful and Orwellian is shorthand

[spoiler]As far as I know there are references in the script to other parts of the city that aren't particularly slums -there might be a Resyk too-[/spoiler] so it may not be that different from the comic Mega-City-One and, as a post-nuke city, it's less of a stretch of believability by revealing this side more prominently in the first film.

Quote from: wonkychop on 14 February, 2012, 12:46:53 PM
I've always tended to associate Dredd with satire, even the most violent parts. It seems the film is going to be different, darker.

Satire ain't only about being funny or the ridiculous, it can can contain exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy etc. The whole set-up in Dredd could easily be seen as a satire on certain cryptofascist/authoritarian tendencies that dwell within the American/British establishment, or anywhere else if you like.

dracula1

Just had my ear to the BBC radio1 and caught the tail end of an interview Zane Lowe was doing. Did'nt get the band name only that they were involved in a 2000ad related sound track 'Drokk!' I think the band are called the Quarkers but I might be wrong. Any possible relation to the Movie ?!!

radiator

It's the bloke from Portishead's side project. Nothing to do with the film afaik.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: dracula1 on 14 February, 2012, 08:29:46 PM
Just had my ear to the BBC radio1 and caught the tail end of an interview Zane Lowe was doing. Did'nt get the band name only that they were involved in a 2000ad related sound track 'Drokk!' I think the band are called the Quarkers but I might be wrong. Any possible relation to the Movie ?!!

No it's a side project by Geoff Barrow of Portishead influenced by Mega-City-one:

http://www.invada.co.uk/geoff-barrow-2012-compilation

dracula1

Cheers chaps . . . I'am now enlightened. I was a fan of Portishead way back and will have to checkout  some of the their new stuff based on this.

radiator

Their most recent album, Third, is very good actually. Has a very bleak sound to it - a sort of haunting, World in Action theme tune vibe, especially the closing minutes of Machine Gun.

Funnily enough, I've been listening to the track We Carry On recently, thinking an instrumental version of it would probably suit the new Dredd film quite well - very grungy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft8-_W2Jc6M

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 14 February, 2012, 09:02:21 PMFunnily enough, I've been listening to the track We Carry On recently, thinking an instrumental version of it would probably suit the new Dredd film quite well - very grungy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft8-_W2Jc6M

It's a bit too undynamic and upfront sounding for incidental music, it could be quite irritating and wouldn't go well under scenes except as background music in a club scene. Has a bit of an early Joy Division sound to the guitar.

bigjobs67

Listen to the 'Threads' mate. It's got this amazin bit right @ the end. Would love to hear that live. :thumbsup: