Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

That's damn good uniform :)

Steve Green

It's very nice. Takes a lot longer than Dredd does to get someone into it though...

JOE SOAP

JOE SOAP

Judge Dredd Megazine #341: Underbelly Part 2

[spoiler]More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The future lawman tracks a mutant-trafficking gang in the second episode of the comic-book sequel to Dredd, 'Underbelly.'
[/spoiler]

MR. ELIMINATOR

They should have put a bit more of karl's  features in there.

SKD

The propstore outfit and the photos look excellent Steve, were the muzzle flash and sparks added in photoshop? Looks really effective.

I'm looking forward to "Underbelly" in the Meg, i'm sure Messrs Wyatt & Flint will do a superb job. This 'ultimate' style Dredd is how I had hoped IDW would have gone with their monthly Judge Dredd comic, instead of trying to set their stories into 2000AD Dredd's world. So far the IDW stories have felt like I was reading an 'Elseworld' tale, not quite sitting in the JD canon.

A good little article from SFX though, promoting the Meg and giving a little more publicity to the Dredd sequel campaign too.

Stew.

GordonR

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 25 August, 2013, 02:04:30 PM
They should have put a bit more of karl's  features in there.

...for which they'd probably have had to pay him and give him art approval, since, in the US, actors own the copyright on their own likeness.  (In the comic adaptation of the Stallone Dredd movie, Stallone's people apparently requested major changes in the likeness used for him.)

Steve Green

Quote from: SKD on 25 August, 2013, 02:22:20 PM
The propstore outfit and the photos look excellent Steve, were the muzzle flash and sparks added in photoshop? Looks really effective.

I'm looking forward to "Underbelly" in the Meg, i'm sure Messrs Wyatt & Flint will do a superb job. This 'ultimate' style Dredd is how I had hoped IDW would have gone with their monthly Judge Dredd comic, instead of trying to set their stories into 2000AD Dredd's world. So far the IDW stories have felt like I was reading an 'Elseworld' tale, not quite sitting in the JD canon.

A good little article from SFX though, promoting the Meg and giving a little more publicity to the Dredd sequel campaign too.

Stew.

Thanks, After Effects rather than Photoshop, but yeah CG smoke and sparks and a stock muzzle flash.

A bit more appropriate than a patio and a trampoline in the background anyway...

SKD

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 August, 2013, 02:32:14 PM
Thanks, After Effects rather than Photoshop, but yeah CG smoke and sparks and a stock muzzle flash.

A bit more appropriate than a patio and a trampoline in the background anyway...

Guthrie crashes the BBQ?

Again, great work.

Stew.

JOE SOAP

So Anderson now has a PSI badge.

Bubba Zebill

I just saw this from @deerang22 on Twitter...Great news, an undisclosed source at DNA films just told me that a sequel to Dredd 3D is now looking "highly likely".
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Jim_Campbell

Well, I'm convinced.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheldipez

My mate Dave reckons they'll probably do a sequel too. You heard it here first.

Bubba Zebill

Now from @DreddSequel "UNCONFIRMED SOURCE: DNA Films to review home video sales of DREDD to decide if they want to make the sequel! Let's make it #1!"
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105