Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 September, 2019, 02:00:32 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 12 September, 2019, 12:57:29 PM
Tornado No 3: Who is Storm? Where is he from?

Should the Tornado entries not have a Tornado logo rather than a 2K one...?

That's 2K and SL :-)  Have removed the stray logo - though, as with Starlord, I've found it difficult to get a decent quality logo to use...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: sheridan on 12 September, 2019, 02:28:16 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 September, 2019, 02:00:32 PM
Should the Tornado entries not have a Tornado logo rather than a 2K one...?

That's 2K and SL :-)  Have removed the stray logo - though, as with Starlord, I've found it difficult to get a decent quality logo to use...

I can sort this - PM me your email address!  ;)
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Ah, that looks better! Glad I could help!  :thumbsup:
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 13 September, 2019, 11:00:07 AM
Ah, that looks better! Glad I could help!  :thumbsup:

I'm glad you could help too :D

sheridan

While I'm here...

2000AD and Starlord Prog 108: The doctor will examine you now... Say ah... Aaaaah!

Deaths of loads of characters in Dredd and a new Chief Judge (so that tells you who one of the deaths is going to be).  The aftermath of the death of a main character in Robo-Hunter (albeit one who didn't say too much, but they've been in the majority of episodes).  More death in Strontium Dog, though the victim gets better!  Brian Bolland is back - but for an advert for Palitoy Star Wars figures!  And a dramatic death in Ro-busters...  I just realised I missed off the [spoiler]? from X27?'s name - better add those when i get home[/spoiler]

SpaceSpinner2000

That reveal in prog 107 that the robots have both killed all the humans AND ARE NOW MADE OF SOLID GOLD is one of my favorite moments in all of 2000AD. My god what a twist! April was my top month of '79, there's so much great stuff going on that even Servant of Evil can't bring it down :D
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 14 September, 2019, 07:20:00 PM
That reveal in prog 107 that the robots have both killed all the humans AND ARE NOW MADE OF SOLID GOLD is one of my favorite moments in all of 2000AD. My god what a twist! April was my top month of '79, there's so much great stuff going on that even Servant of Evil can't bring it down :D

Following Pat Mills' revisiting of earlier stories in recent (well a few years back now) ABC Warriors stories, I'm still holding out for a Freedome story.

sheridan

With cover dates of the 21st of April, 1979:

2000AD and Starlord Prog 109: Flames of Hell!
Probably should have gone into a little more detail on the Future-Shock, though the title does give away the ending, so would there be any point?

Tornado No 5: Panic on the Pan-Martian Highway!
The fight on Mars hots up, and Storm gets captured.

sheridan

28th of April, 1979, Part One - 2000AD (and Starlord)
2000AD and Starlord Prog 110: It's the Rebel Leaders! Guards – Kill Them!
Sam Slade, genocidal murderer!  Strontium Dog meets a space trucker (not that one).

Dandontdare

I don't think Dredd is using water torture on Gestapo Bob Harris - I've just had another look and I think that's just sweat and tears - admittedly a lot!

Frank

Fish slime. You can see an eye and a tail, here:

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD and Starlord Prog 111: No gun, no chance, Dredd – the wrecking ball is gonna crush your skull! Assault at Hell's Junction!

Ron Smith's first cover, Sam leaves Verdus, the Gronk is clearly afraid, Eternicus, Greasy Gracie's, Charlie gets the freedom of the city!

sheridan

Tornado No 7: I'm going to stamp you out, Drago – once and for all!

Last episode of the first Victor Drago, and a tease for a change in format for next week - I make a prediction on what that means...

Wagner gets killed in an explosion (yeah, right - who's going to believe that?)

I hope you like cliffhangers which feature somebody about to get killed in a 'jungle' because we're going to get some for the next few weeks!